1:18 Torment

lucas626

So I'm here to voice a little frustration and some relief.

So I got the torment for Christmas and it worked really well for the first week. Then whenever the remote was on the wheels would be spinning at full speed. So I called and got on the horn with support and was told that the ECS was bad that they would send me a new one. when I get it I install it and the same problem happening. So i call back and this time the guy tells me its most likely the remote NOT the ESC. Which is not such bad news considering I now have two new ESC units! So now I am in limbo waiting for the remote. My fingers are crossed this is it and I can start playing again. For now I am the pit crew for my son and his ruckus.

Now, I've been out of RC for a LONG time so I'm not sure how other companies handle customer service, but my hat is off to Horizon. Minus the wait time, both techs were super friendly and helpful. The last guy said he was going to expedite the shipping because my truck had been down so long. With the quality of equipment and quality of employees I'm not sure how they stay in business!!

Is the throttle trim on your remote turned too far in either direction? This will cause what you are describing.

Yeah, I know that dial well. I use it on my son's a lot to slow it down for him. This was erratic and totally random.

No, that is not the same dial. You are talking about the dual rate throttle knob. One limits throttle throw capabilities, one changes the current position of the throttle (when not touching the remote). If the potentiometer (throttle trim) contacts are worn or dirty it could certainly be erratic. Try turning the dial back and forth a few times.

I believe this is the remote you have:

upload_2017-1-12_8-9-37.png

Yes, the throttle rate dial is what I use to slow my son's truck down when he is driving. But yes, when I was on the phone with ecx support they had me turn the dial up and down a number of times. It still was acting strange.

Thankfully the support team has been helpful. We'll see what happens with the new remote.

Yes, the throttle rate dial is what I use to slow my son's truck down when he is driving. But yes, when I was on the phone with ECX support they had me turn the dial up and down a number of times. It still was acting strange.

Thankfully the support team has been helpful. We'll see what happens with the new remote.

Just to confirm, you tried the throttle trim when on the phone with support? Or was that still the dual rate?

Latest posts

Members online

Back