suggestions would be appreciated

anyone heard anything on the kinexsis?

Last edited:
looking to upgrade my motor ESC
have 2wd stock brushless ruckus

looking to get a 4000kv motor ESC combo
suggestions would be appreciated

anyone heard anything on the kinexsis?
I've been running the kinexsis 4000 kv combo in my Amp for 6 months. It's plenty fast. I had trouble with the esc and sent it back to Horizon. They sent me an entire new combo. It was on back order for 2 months so in the meantime I hooked the motor to a Kyosho LeMans speed control. I've had bo problems since so haven't bothered to swap them back. I have put 2 sets of bearings in the motor, but that's an easy job. It was when I was messing with different pinion gears and running too tall of a pinion made the motor hot. A temp gun is pretty necessary to monitor motor and esc temps.

Kinexis and Tazer systems will have really good support since they're Horizon Hobby brands. Hobbywing is an excellent brand- I have three ESCs and a couple of motors and they've all been fantastic (but haven't had to get customer service yet so I can't speak to that).

That said, I think the Hobbywing stuff is better quality than the Kinexis/Tazer. Check out Hobbywing's "Quicrun" series >here<

Kinexis and Tazer systems will have really good support since they're Horizon Hobby brands. Hobbywing is an excellent brand- I have three ESCs and a couple of motors and they've all been fantastic (but haven't had to get customer service yet so I can't speak to that).

That said, I think the Hobbywing stuff is better quality than the Kinexis/Tazer. Check out Hobbywing's "Quicrun" series >here<

I also run a hobbywing xr8 4300 kv full sensored set up in my 4x4. It's a heavy 1/10 scale and requires 1/8th scale electronics. So far it's amazing. It has 17 programable values. Top shelf stuff.

I run the kinexsis 3000kv version in my ruckus on 3s i never had an issue with the esc or motor. It seems to be really great quality for the price. Unfortunately my tazer system wasnt that way though the 45amp esc really limits the potential of the system.

4000kv in the ruckus will require lower gearing but it will work.

right now the 3300kv tazer is 87t spur and 21t pinion
what would be good starting point for 4000kv?

17tooth pinion. It may require trimming of the motor mounts and such. My ruckus was old so i don't know how much trimming.

17tooth pinion. It may require trimming of the motor mounts and such. My ruckus was old so i don't know how much trimming.
I couldn't use a 17t pinion without drilling and extending the motor mount slot. I'd start with 18. 4000 kv is gonna have more punch than the 3300. It's a torquy motor. I run a 21t pinion, but the slipper is backed off a lot. I have never tried it on 3s although it is capable. 3300 would have a higher top speed, but 4000 will go fast a lot quicker and not strain the motor or esc as much. Play with it and check motor and esc temps. You don't want the motor to go much more than 160. It will take 180 in short doses, but past that demagnetizes the motor. It has a lot to do with the way you drive it. I want to run full throttle and not worry about frying my drivetrain.

I couldn't use a 17t pinion without drilling and extending the motor mount slot. I'd start with 18. 4000 kv is gonna have more punch than the 3300. It's a torquy motor. I run a 21t pinion, but the slipper is backed off a lot. I have never tried it on 3s although it is capable. 3300 would have a higher top speed, but 4000 will go fast a lot quicker and not strain the motor or ESC as much. Play with it and check motor and ESC temps. You don't want the motor to go much more than 160. It will take 180 in short doses, but past that demagnetizes the motor. It has a lot to do with the way you drive it. I want to run full throttle and not worry about frying my drivetrain.
If your esc runs hotter than the motor you're under geared. If the motor goes over 160 you're pinion is too big.

Don't run a ruckus 4000kv on 3s...bad idea. I tried it once my ruckus went over 50mph don't do it you will break everything. I ran it on stock gearing for mine was 18tooth pinion. That motor would cook. sometimes it must have gotten way above 180°. It is in my torment now. The ruckus with 4000kv is kind of over doing it but as long as you have it set up right it should work well.

An option for gaining more speed: Lower kv motors have more torque. I run a 72t Associated B4/T4 spur with a 30t pinion in my Boost (17.5t/2200kv motor) and a 78t/28t setup in my Circuit with a 13.5t (2800kv) motor. The Circuit will pull wheelies on the back straight of the local race tracks (carpet/astro) with the slipper set slightly loose. Of course, these setups are for racing and not #BeastMode bashing and speed runs.

4000kv Amp is stoopid fast. I race it on 80% throttle. Full speed is just to make the ladies swoon

so... the 3000kv or the 4000kv from kinexsis with 70A esc
which was has more top speed?

Last edited:
No. Lower kv =more torque, more efficient(mostly depends on quality), lower top speed, better option for racing, typicaly higher voltage. Higher kv=higher top speed, less efficient, good for bashing, less torque, lower voltage.

It also depends on how good your battery is to.

so a 3300kv has higher top speed than 4000kv?
The lower kv can handle more voltage. 3s 4s ect. Higher Kv is best on 2s and a beast with a good chance of breaking something on 3s. In general a 4000 kv will be faster on 2s, but a lower KV can handle more cells equalling more speed. My buddy runs a 2000 kv on 6s, but it's way too fast and breaks often. Honestly good for nothing but a drag race.

i was only planning on running it on 2s
and i just bash it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back