4WD Ruckus stock ESC lipo 3S

Poulpinator

Hello guys!
I bought a Ruckus 4WD with 3300kv motor and the tazer dynamite dyns2400.
This things can work with a 3S lipo? thanks :)

Yes, 3s will be OK with it. Just make sure you check your temps and don't exceed 170 degrees or so. According to its product page, it'll take a 2s - 3s lipo.

I have the V1 version of that ESC and run a 2s on it. I think with the V2, the fan actually works lol

Thanks man!
Because i bought the ruckus the last week and when i went to drive it, he flash green.. and i can just steering but no throttle :/ with the 3s lipo and the basic nimh 8.4V same things.
I give my ruckus to the shop today and the gay look for that tomorrow. I saw on sites that the 3s lipo did not work on the ruckus so I caught fear.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french :)

Depends on the version. I think the brushless version works OK with a 3s. The brushed version, not so much.

My brushless circuit does not permit 3s. However, bought separately, apparently the ESC/ motor can do 3s. Must be programmed differently when bought separately. Always pissed me off when I first bought the truck.

My brushless circuit does not permit 3s. However, bought separately, apparently the ESC/ motor can do 3s. Must be programmed differently when bought separately. Always pissed me off when I first bought the truck.
And you have the same truck as me? poop..

But i saw a lot of ruckus stock (like me) just with 3s LiPo, and all of the components are good for 3s LiPo huuhumm :/

Truly, I'm as confused as you are on it. I too have seen multiple people say they can use 3s on the stock brushless. I only know what my unit will do, and what tech support said.

Same here, BL 2WD Ruckus, 3S doesn't work. Awfully tempted to change the ESC, but it's already so fast I'm not sure. Maybe with a lower gear ration so it can wheelie at any speed.

I have two stock ruckus one is 2 Wd and other is 4x4. Both have stock esc and both run like champs on 3s

Hi,

This is a very interesting thread, I have an issue where my torment when connected to my recently purchased 3s lipo will only operate the steering but not the motor.

I have made a mistake in relying on the manual for the ESC which says 3s capable rather than the brushless torment manual which doesn't explicitly say not compatible with 3s but doesn't say it is compatible either. Upshot is that I now have a 3s lipo that I can't use! :( The hobby shop I bought it from won't exchange as I have charged it.

I was wondering if a programming card could unlock the esc to allow a 3s lipo its not clear what the card can do but I get the feeling its not that simple.

So my options are:

Buy a 2s lipo and shelve/sell this one
Buy a esc that can cope with 3s (any recommendations?)
Is there any way to regulate the voltage down? I guess any regulator that can cope with the current would be expensive!

Bit annoyed about all this, wish I had found this thread before buying the lipo!

Thanks for the info if somewhat belatedly!

Hi,

My shop replace me the esc for one can handle the 3s lipo. Free, because I showed him videos and datasheets where it says it must take 3s.

Finnally i have not take a 3s.. for the moment XD

Interesting idea, although the shop I purchased from is quite a long way from me, (was a really good price online). I have ordered a replacement lipo that is 2s with the bonus of a bigger capacity. It was seemed the simplest solution although I may try that idea Poulpinator

So...... any ideas what to do with a 3s lipo?

Latest posts

Members online

Back