4wd torment brushless conversion

bamber1

I have a 1/10 torment 4wd that runs on 2s lipos and have bought a goolrc 3300kv motor and esc but need a new pinion
as the new motor has a 5mm shaft so I can't use the old one does anyone know what i need as im new to all this how many teeth and what ever else i need to know about it .

You need a 5mm mod 1 pinion I believe. I don't know how many teeth the stock pinion has. You probably want to gear it up a bit from stock with that motor, it will be very torquey. So count the teeth on the stock pinion and go a few up?

Thank you for the help got a 12t pinion and it really moves especially with a 3s lipo have put ruckus wheels on but there terrible way to hard but have ordered some proline trenchers to try to get some grip just hoping the transmission holds up.

Thank you for the help got a 12t pinion and it really moves especially with a 3s LiPo have put ruckus wheels on but there terrible way to hard but have ordered some proline trenchers to try to get some grip just hoping the transmission holds up.

Great choice of tire. What size did you get?
I run the 2.8 30series trenchers on most of my trucks.

You may need wheel extensions to fit those tires. I had to get some for my amp. And my redcat trucks.

As far as brushless goes. That all depends on your driving plans. And your budget.
GoolRC seems to be great if your on a budget. But if money isn't an issue. Go big and get a castle.

Well the torment is still holding up fine even on 3s have just picked another torment 4wd cheap and was thinking of putting a goolrc s3670 2850kv motor with a 120a esc
in it would it be any good and would it fit okay my vkar bison has about the same spec and it's stupid quick on 3s and insane on 4s.

Latest posts

Members online

Back