AMP buggy and truck... the same under the hood?

i_r_beej

From what I can gather, the two cars are the same. Just different bodies and tires? Is this correct? Furthermore, with the exception of the electronics, the AMP cars are the same chassis as the Circuit, yes?

From what I can gather, the two cars are the same. Just different bodies and tires? Is this correct? Furthermore, with the exception of the electronics, the AMP cars are the same chassis as the Circuit, yes?

Yes, I believe you are correct although I think the tires on the MT are the same as the rear of the buggy. I have the buggy and it came with a really basic manual (no exploded view) so I often refer to the circuit manual it is the same chassis.

Cool. Thanks for the confirmation. I've been closely examine photos in reviews, posts here and elsewhere and couldn't be 100% sure. (Only 99%.) ;)

Yep! Hahah! Truck or buggy? Truck or buggy? Actually, I think I'd like to get one just to put a VW Bug baja style body on it!

The first 50 people to get 20 or more posts will be entered into the drawing. After the 50th person reaches 20 posts the giveaway will be closed. Then 1 person out of the 50 members will be randomly drawn and will win the brand new ECX AMP Monster Truck or Desert Buggy!

Sweet thanks bro. Is that a wing on the back of your mt? The white letters look sweet on the tires

Thanks.Yes its a wing, not sure if it does anything lol. Its more for looks i guess, was just going for something different.

Same chassis but the truck will have the towers from the Circuit and the buggy will have the towers from the Boost. I really like the way you can swap parts on an ECX.

I was thinking about buying the BTD kit. But I was wondering if you can install a sc truck body or a buggy body on the chassis?? I am really new to this and trying to keep costs down.

I was thinking about buying the BTD kit. But I was wondering if you can install a sc truck body or a buggy body on the chassis?? I am really new to this and trying to keep costs down.

Buggy yes, SCT no. Stadium truck, yes. The chassis is that of the Circuit and Boost (approximately) whereas the Torment, which is the SCT, is a longer chassis. There are chassis lengtheners available because people use an elongated Circuit chassis to make an LCG chassis (low centre-of-gravity) for the Torment. Here's a link.

I believe Circuit and Boost have different length arms but they are probably the same length for either in the Amp.

Thanks for the reply and info. I am absorbing as much as I can at present. So new to the hobby. Looks like an ECX is in my near future. Have to get started and need something to do, especially the build part.

Members online

No members online now.
Back