Barrage 1/12 BTD or New 1/24?

Mongol Pete

Hello ECX Barrage fans,

I am thinking of getting an ECX Barrage as an inexpensive trial to see if I like RC crawlers. I am trying to decide between the 1/12 BTD kit version or the 1/24 that will come out soon. I like the 1/12 because it would be cool to build a kit and because it has some upgrades over the RTR version, still at a great price. My son will get our first ECX, the BTD Amp MT kit, this Christmas.

I like the 1/24 because I can easily run it indoors over the long winter, and build some cool crawler courses with books and boxes and things, just in my house.

As someone with zero crawlier experience, please let me know which of these trucks would be a better intro to crawling. Thanks.

-MP

That's a serious dilemma because both would be awesome. I'm really wanting the Barrage kit myself as I pretty much turned my Temper into a Barrage and then tore it up pretty bad. I'd like to see how the new motor and axles hold up.

I'm gonna have to buy the 1/24th just because it looks awesome and like you said can be run indoors.
Plus there is a plethora of 1/24 scale hard bodies so you can make an awesome scale trail truck.
And for the price RTR, you can't go wrong.
So the answer is simple. Buy both :)

@Mongol Pete I would get the one you think you'd use the most. I think the ECX Barrage 1/12 would still be easily ran indoors and would be my preference because it's a kit, but if you don't think you'll have the room indoors then go with the 1/24th scale.

Or just say the heck with it and buy both! :D

I use my 1:10 crawlers way more than my 1:24 ones. Our winters aren’t bad at all here though. Plus I has 3 daughters with long hair as well as my wife. Hair balls up bad on the wheels/axles.

I appreciate your thoughts guys. I am leaning towards the 1/12 Barrage, mainly because it's BTD. Also, I think it is small enough to run indoors. It won't be able to crawl under the beds, but it can be made to go over the sofas more easily.

Watch out for those hair ball hazards Brake! They can be tough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back