Body hitting tire

Johnson

How do I stop the tire hitting body on my ecx 1/18 temper? I also have issues with the temper rolling over, when I go rock climbing. Any help would be appreciated.

Your tires will always hit the body when flexed out, the one sure way to stop roll over is to widen its stance, you can use wheel spacers wider tires and so fourth.

You can also tighten up the suspension by putting zip ties a the top of the shock (push the spring further down).
Rollover is a big issue with the temper. It's very light and what weight there is sits mostly up high. What I did was start adding weight to the bottom. I replaced the differential spools with heavier aluminum ones and put on some heavier wheels and tires (and used some spacers). That made a huge difference.

The first thing I did for cheap weight was take apart the wheels and wrap solder around the inside of the wheels and then some duct tape to hold it in place. I forget how much I put on but it was noticeable. Add more to the front than to the back wheels, this helps when climbing and keeps that right front tire down. Anything you can do to add some weight down low and towards the front will help. The flip side to adding weight to the wheels is you add more stress to the moving parts (axles, diffs, drive shafts) so you need to add some there and some other places. I have Gmade steel rims on mine now and while they work well to keep it planted on the ground I've really abused the front axle and it's going to need a complete rebuild soon.

2017-07-01 14.04.22.jpg 2017-07-01 14.04.32.jpg 2017-07-01 14.05.15.jpg 2017-07-01 14.07.00.jpg

I found nylon spacers at Lowe's in the hardware bins, and put them on the rear shocks and right front leaving the left front alone. Also added 1.9 steel wheels and reversed the motor to reduce the torque on the left front.

Hope this helps!

And the wheel spacers to widen the stance! (Wider is Better)

Attachments

• 2017-07-01 14.05.49.jpg
    2017-07-01 14.05.49.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 15
  • 2017-07-01 14.05.54.jpg
    2017-07-01 14.05.54.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You can also tighten up the suspension by putting zip ties a the top of the shock (push the spring further down).
Rollover is a big issue with the temper. It's very light and what weight there is sits mostly up high. What I did was start adding weight to the bottom. I replaced the differential spools with heavier aluminum ones and put on some heavier wheels and tires (and used some spacers). That made a huge difference.
Where did you find your dif spools at?

I got mine on Amazon. But you can find them cheaper elsewhere I think.
Search for "Redcat Racing 680010 Connect Box"
The Exceed Maxstone 16 is also the same unit. The metal 'Connect Box' is the same.

Part Number -
Connect Box(W/Gear 38T)(Al.) 51C00-680010

That is correct. The Redcat Everest 16, the Exceed Maxstone 16 and the Temper are all pretty much the same hardware.
I have a Redcat parts list here

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back