Boost is coming BACK!

So eh, am I correct when I say the boost is the buggy version of the 2WD circuit, and the Amp DB and MT are entry-level variants of these two with cheaper electronics (servo, radio, receiver and ESC) and different wheels?

I must say, unless you really dig the looks, the only reason I can see to go for the Amp right now is the child-friendly remote (tiny, with a knob to turn down the throttle). They're only $10-$20 apart, and the upgraded servo and ESC are definitely worth that.

So eh, am I correct when I say the boost is the buggy version of the 2WD circuit, and the Amp DB and MT are entry-level variants of these two with cheaper electronics (servo, radio, receiver and ESC) and different wheels?

You are absolutely correct. As I understand it, the Boost is just a repurposed Circuit (with a few new parts to make it more definitely a buggy and to meet ROAR requirements). The suspension on the Boost suffers as a result: the short A-arms don't provide enough leverage on the shocks--especially the front-- to make them work properly.

I wonder is this new Boost will be a "V3"? The previous one was the "V2" (2.4GHz radio) and the first model was the V1 (AM radio). If it IS a V3 I wonder what revisions it will feature?

Well... the Boost is back in stock on HorizonHobby.com. It doesn't appear to be changed in any way- all features and product photo are the same. I was kind of hoping that it would get a "3.0" update.

Boo. I think the Circuit and Boost have both been obviated by the AMP cars. :(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back