Brushless Upgrade 1/18 scale

MrPeanut81

Looking to do a brushless upgrade in my 1/18 scale ruckus. I have never done this before. But i want to be able to run faster and longer than stock. What can you guys recommend for a good brushless motor and whatever else i may need with it.

You gonna need a brushless esc also. I suggest getting a combo, as its cheaper.

Turning trackstar is good an inexpensive. Castle creations will be more money, but faster.

You may need a new radio, too. If the 1/18 ruckus has a combo esc. I forget.

You gonna need a brushless esc also. I suggest getting a combo, as its cheaper.

Turning trackstar is good an inexpensive. Castle creations will be more money, but faster.

You may need a new radio, too. If the 1/18 ruckus has a combo esc. I forget.
Could you recommend the exact unit to get, maybe not the cheapest but not the most expensive either. Im new to this so not really sure what i can use/fit in there.
Thanks in advance

Im not looking for crazy fast. But something faster than stock. Maybe double the stock speed.

The Sidewinder Micro is not waterproof. But the Mamba Micro X is. I ran the Micro X and 5300kv motor I think in mine and ran awesome.

Is it a direct fit?

When I put the Mamba Micro X brushless setup in my 1/18 it was a direct fit for the motor. I did have to move some things around. But nothing even a novice rc'er could do. I have pics on here of my truck in the torment section I think.

EDIT: I just looked back at my pictures and thread. You will need a new Rx/Tx when switching to the Castle setup. The stock esc/rx-tx are all in one. So you can not reuse them. So I am not sure if you would consider it a direct fit.

Last edited:
A good, cheap radio is the Australian ax5s. It is also a three channel so you have an extra channel for lights or something in the future.

I can also recommend the flysky gt3c. It's a very nice radio with a lipo battery which charges from a usb lead, it has a 10 model memory, all sorts of trim, epa and expo settings you may want, and extra gr3c receivers are like $5. They're not waterproof but I have one that just came back to life when I dried it (and rebound).

Members online

No members online now.
Back