Bye bye brushed motors

Jeb

IMG_3556.JPG My ten year old has been through 2 20t and one 15t brushed motors each lasting about 2 months. I had been waiting for his skill level to improve and I think he's about ready. He's been racing in the kids group since June. Just installed a kinexsis 4000 kv and a 17t pinion to slow it down a little. Let the big crashes begin

View attachment 2433 My ten year old has been through 2 20t and one 15t brushed motors each lasting about 2 months. I had been waiting for his skill level to improve and I think he's about ready. He's been racing in the kids group since June. Just installed a kinexsis 4000 kv and a 17t pinion to slow it down a little. Let the big crashes begin
Im just asking did you put metal trans gears in it yet.

Got 2 sets on order. Already trashed 2 metal sets with my 4000 kv and mine is currently broken, so make that 3.
I keep spinning out the output shaft seals on the diff case. They wobble and then strip the inner pinion sets. I've even tried modifying the cases with o rings and seals, but there's simply not enough room in the case for that. I'm about ready to just buy a second transmission and have it ready for next time. These trucks are fun an extremely upgradable, but they have their limits. Short course racing is hard on any rig. I think 3000 kv would be more suited for our needs. Horizon sent me a whole new set when my esc cooked so we had a spare.

Im just asking did you put metal trans gears in it yet.
I have the metal set on hand, but we just rebuilt his plastic set together and I'm curious how long it will go. We run exclusively on dirt and gravel so I'm guessing it will last a while. Don't fix it till it's broke

Latest posts

Members online

Back