Differential plastic case

Thor

Hi
I am the owner of a Torment Brushless and wish a good year for all the members.

I have a issue about my RC, drive shaft are shaking more than usual due to wear of the differential plastic case.
The hole from which the shaft of the metal gear comes out is enlarged, shaking the shaft of the metal gear and the drive shaft, marked above in red.
Could solve the problem with a new plastic differential box, but only sold with the metal gear set.

Someone with this problem?

Attachments

• case.PNG
    case.PNG
    336.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I'm from Europe, amazon is out of the question.
The plastic one is not suitable for my RC brushless system.
I have online stores in Europe where the price is a bit higher.
The point is that it's a waste to buy the whole set with the metal gear, when I just need the plastic case. Horizon Hobby could only make available the case item.

I understand the point, and to be honest when I replaced it it didn't seem to have a way to disassemble the metal ring from the plastic case, it was sealed.

Of the times that rebuild the differential seems to me that the crown was not sealed. But OK I'll have to buy all set.

Many thanks

Last edited:
I have the same problem with the metal diff in my Amp. It keeps burning up bearings and all it needs is a new case. My hardware store sells nylon sleeves, I'm going to experiment with those and see if I can make them seal it again. I'd like to get more than 3 months out of a differential.

I modified my differential so it is sealed. I used 1 thin plastic washer and a small one ring and drilled out the hole a little bit so they fit. I filled the diff with thick grease. The differential shouldn't be able to turn by hand or its not sealed. It works really well if done right. I wouldn't recommend it because it is really nasty and slimy, it gets every where. I thought it was worth it though. It also stops most of the wobble in the outdrive shafts

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back