DragBrake

Not with the factory Receiver/ESC. You would have to buy a new radio/receiver and speed controller that had drag brake and replace everything.

What @Loosenuts said. I installed a Hobbywing 1080WP "crawler" ESC in my Temper (with stock motor) and it has a drag brake setting. Unfortunately it represents a significant expenditure, but upgrading the electronics in my Temper turned it into a new car. In my case I already had a Spektrum DX2E and just bought a new Rx in addition to the Hobbywing ESC. I've since installed a 3ch Rx and paired it with my DX4C transmitter so I can take advantage of my Temper's 4WS. The DX4C offers steer mix function and now I get crab steering AND 4WS with the flick of a switch.

Here's >my post< about installing the Hobbywing 1080 ESC in my Temper along with some notes about its performance and capabilities.

What @Loosenuts said. I installed a Hobbywing 1080WP "crawler" ESC in my Temper (with stock motor) and it has a drag brake setting. Unfortunately it represents a significant expenditure, but upgrading the electronics in my Temper turned it into a new car. In my case I already had a Spektrum DX2E and just bought a new Rx in addition to the Hobbywing ESC. I've since installed a 3ch Rx and paired it with my DX4C transmitter so I can take advantage of my Temper's 4WS. The DX4C offers steer mix function and now I get crab steering AND 4WS with the flick of a switch.

Here's >my post< about installing the Hobbywing 1080 ESC in my Temper along with some notes about its performance and capabilities.
Are those stock Servo?

Yep, stock servos. One is from my Boost (the same model as what was installed in the Temper). They're terribly weak. :D

No video...yet. Give me a couple of days- I've been wanting to shoot a video to demo the steering modes: crab/4WS.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back