ECX Doomsday Barrage scale truck

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Staff member
ECX-Barrage-Doomsday-ECX01010.jpg

ECX is coming out with another Barrage, the Barrage Doomsday! The Doomsday Barrage is topped with an apocalyptic looking body, ready to crawl over any end of the world obstacles thrown at it.

You can pre-order it now and should expect to start shipping in September.

MSRP: $199
Part #: ECX01010

More ECX Barrage Doomsday info here.

ECX Barrage Doomsday video:

Gnarly!
After looking at it more, it's not just the barrage with a new body, it's got outboard shocks, 4 link front and back and more good stuff!

Last edited:
Nifty, but it smells of the same body swapping for the same model stuff that Traxxas does. Like the Stampede, Big foot (x2), Skully and Craniac set....haha

But it's not just a body swap. There are some serious improvements to the truck.
New axles, suspension, motor, servo. Not just a new body.

But it's not just a body swap. There are some serious improvements to the truck.
New axles, suspension, motor, servo. Not just a new body.

Haha, shows me for not bothering to look closer.

Yeah I did the same thing too. Then I went to the website and looked at it and the parts for it and realized it might be worth taking a second look at now :)

Thanks for the heads up! I just placed my order. Free shipping too. I miss my Barrage so this will be cool. I can't wait.

wonder which one to get the new Barrage or Traxxas TRX4?

No comparison there, the Doomsday is 1/2 the price of the TRX4. Now if you're talking about this VS the new Redcat Everest GEN7, that's a different story. It's going to be the same price for the base model. It (GEN7) has a 540 motor so I'm thinking it's going to be faster and stronger. I can't wait to see some hands on reviews.

No comparison there, the Doomsday is 1/2 the price of the TRX4. Now if you're talking about this VS the new Redcat Everest GEN7, that's a different story. It's going to be the same price for the base model. It (GEN7) has a 540 motor so I'm thinking it's going to be faster and stronger. I can't wait to see some hands on reviews.
is there a 1:10 scale cralwer from ECX?

Scale is relative. If you put a 1/10 body on it, it's a 1/10th scale truck! There are guys running 1/8th scale Jeep bodies on SCX10 chassis and calling it 1/10th so...
Go look at the bodies out there that they call 1/10th scale. Then measure them against the actual 1:1 body.
I'd just consider the Barrage and Doomsday short wheelbase 1/10th scale trucks. :)

Got it! It’s gnarly looking and I love it. Battery is charging but here’s my first impressions. Be careful taking the body off since the lights are on the body, unlike the standard Barrage. I almost pulled the wires out. First thing I wanted to do was lift the body so the tires won’t rub, but the body mounts are all the way up. There’s no clearance under the mounts because of where the shocks are located. We’ll see how it does. The ESC comes with two plugs so you can switch from NiMH to LIPO and also run it in crawl mode. Tires have foam but look to be glued so I guess it’s staying that way. Tires and wheels are a bit odd. Outside the wheels are small and there’s lots of rubber. On the inside the wheels are large and the tires look like low pros. I’ll upload a few pics.

[GALLERY=media, 312]35EBAA6D-306F-477B-A55E-365353F8C4FA by zukicidal posted Sep 20, 2017 at 3:55 PM[/GALLERY]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back