ecx ruckus or temper

rtemper88

which is better overall not sure what to buy either the 1 18 ruckus or the 1 18 temper

Completely different cars man. If you want to crawl over rocks, get the temper. If you want to carve up the yard at speed and jump over things, get the ruckus. If you want to do both and you can only buy one car for now, I'd get the temper first, without owning either I'd expect it to last longer between breakages due to the nature of what you do with it...

Pretty much what he said! Do you want to go slow (and the Temper is SLOW) and steady over rocks and uneven ground or fly over the dirt and grass. And I also agree that the temper will probably last longer without need of repair simply because it's slower and doesn't wreck as easy. I own a Temper and love it. One battery lasts for ever (ok 30-45 minutes easy).
I also own a faster off road truck and I love it too, one battery lasts about 15 minutes.
So it really depends on what you like to do.

Ya they're completely different trucks. I have about 15 R/c vehicles to satisfy my needs Lol. I have 6 different trucks but have 1.5 acres and an offroad track, and theres an indoor offroad track close by. I have 6 boats but I keep my jetski on a lake 5 minutes from my house at family friends, which makes things real convenient lol. I would take into account where you have to run it and how much room things like that. If its your first r/c vehicle the ruckus might be better, the temper is very slow out of the box but its made for crawling.

Pretty much what he said! Do you want to go slow (and the Temper is SLOW) and steady over rocks and uneven ground or fly over the dirt and grass. And I also agree that the temper will probably last longer without need of repair simply because it's slower and doesn't wreck as easy. I own a Temper and love it. One battery lasts for ever (ok 30-45 minutes easy).
I also own a faster off road truck and I love it too, one battery lasts about 15 minutes.
So it really depends on what you like to do.
i just bought the temper and wondering does your have torque twist and is it very loud

i just bought the temper and wondering does your have torque twist and is it very loud
Oh yeah, it's loud!
And stock it has horrible torque twist. That's one of the first thing everyone works on when they get a Temper.
There are lots of fixes but for now, slide the top of the rear left (drivers side) spring down, there is a little ring at the top of the spring, take that down too, slide it all down and hook it on the bottom of the shock body.
It will shorten the spring and create more tension on that side to help compensate the twist.
Search around the forum here and you'll find many different methods.
Enjoy!!!

Oh yeah, it's loud!
And stock it has horrible torque twist. That's one of the first thing everyone works on when they get a Temper.
There are lots of fixes but for now, slide the top of the rear left (drivers side) spring down, there is a little ring at the top of the spring, take that down too, slide it all down and hook it on the bottom of the shock body.
It will shorten the spring and create more tension on that side to help compensate the twist.
Search around the forum here and you'll find many different methods.
Enjoy!!!
so i pull the spring down and that little ring then what?

I used two smaller zip ties stacked to hold the spring collar down instead of wedging it. I did all four shocks and the torque was greatly reduced14890175391971159424046.jpg

Yes, that works very well too! I had done that as well. I used 2 in the front and 3 on the rear. Then I changed all that out and added a second spring (coil over coil) from an older RC truck on the rear springs. I was finally able to climb a 45 degree angle without lifting the front wheel.

Another thing you can do is cut a short piece of small tubing (Surgical or I used the stuff for a dripper/sprinkler system).
Cut it about half the length of the space between the bottom of the shock body and the bottom of the shock. The best way to install it is to take the shock off and apart and slide it on the bottom of the shaft but I sliced it up the side (kinda fillet it) and then wrap that around the shaft (you need to pull the spring up to do it). Only do this on the rears. This will limit the amount of travel the rear shocks have.

Once again, this will help keep that right front closer to the ground. But all these things will affect the articulation of the car. It's a trade off. If you want to be able to drive it over Coke cans and be crazy flexible then you have to have a flexible suspension, the trade off is because there is so much torque the power has to go someplace and if the tires are sticking but it's not moving it's going to start to twist the frame which is going to in turn twist the suspension.

But again, that's the joy of this buggy. You can mess with it and try different things.

Depending on the size of the Zip ties.
The whole point in this exercise is to try and increase the spring rate.
Each Shock that you put a zip tie on will push back against the opposite corner.
So if you put 2 on the left rear, your pushing back against the right front and pushing it back down.
In racing talk it's called Wedge (You hear that in NASCAR all the time).
Experiment with it. Put 2 on the left rear and see how that affects it.
Then put a couple on the right rear. After I put a larger body on mine, I had to stiffen up all 4 corners quite a bit to keep it from drooping over to the sides.

That's awesome. Looks really nice and clean and fits perfect!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back