ECX Temper 1/24th scale video

Might have finally sold me on a crawler. It would be alot of fun to create routes like that around the house!

I like that it has worm drive duff so it won't roll backwards. Like it's bigger brother

Sorry I mentioned different not duff darn spell check;)

That guy sure ate a lot of ice cream. Looks like a fun little vehicle, didn't know this existed. I still don't get the attraction of rock crawling though. Maybe I have to try it to understand it.

I'd be sorely tempted to take a good long run up, mash the throttle and cartwheel over everything though.

That guy sure ate a lot of ice cream. Looks like a fun little vehicle, didn't know this existed. I still don't get the attraction of rock crawling though. Maybe I have to try it to understand it.

I'd be sorely tempted to take a good long run up, mash the throttle and cartwheel over everything though.

Me too, and that is why I am a basher and not a crawler. Haha

Yeah it's cool little rc if you leave it stock, don't try a lipo gearing burns up motor and if you swap it out burns up the esc too. Also it's tends to stall out like not enough torque behind it so it's great for kids and some adults. Even upgrading the electronics to the losi micro crawler esc and motor the stock transfer gearing will still burn motors quickly but the esc can handle it. If anyone does get one you can play around with the placement of the lower and upper links for better articulation and change angle of shocks it will crawl much better but then you look for bigger things to crawl over and it doesn't have the torque for it. So for a rating aspect I give it a 4 out of 10. And that's pushing the 4. They really need to go back to the table on this little guy.

For 10$ cheaper you can get a Sumo crawler and even though it's 4 AAA batteries you got triple the run time and 4 wheel steering that you can adjust. Through a turnigy lipo in it and it runs till you get tired of it lol if anyone wants to see pics I'll post them I have losi, sumo , and ecx temper all 1/24 scale and to me the Sumo is the most fun because of the steering and run times and the Losi because it's the one with the most torque and speed combo even though they are crawlers and are all slow. The Sumo is the less noisy one you can run it with someone sleeping in the same run even next to them on the couch and it won't wake them. The other 2 are noisy as heck.

Hope this was helpful and keep the Rc Hobby alive!

Latest posts

Members online

Back