ECX Temper. Thoughts and issues.

Hi, upgraded the rear steering and it works great. I also changed the zip tie on the shocks and added some weight to the wheels. It made a notocable differance. I even removed the foams from the tires and i am getting more grip out of the tires.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi new to the form here's my temper first thing I did was ax the tires and wheels bought new ones with a deeper offset which makes a wider stance the original set in to close making it tip over easily before putting the new wheels on I removed the foam acts as if you were running 20lb tire pressure next changed out the esc and transmitter opened gear box made a slight adjustment on the piñon than manufactured my own rear steer waiting on the servo link to finish oh and bought a andromeda body as far as torque twist I'm good with it watch my video and see how the thing crawles and I'm hard on this little thing so here's my question do you walk or CRAWL????

Last edited:
Well, yesterday was not a great day for my Temper. Did a couple of runs on my indoor course, worked fine for about five minutes. Then the servos would not respond. I have been running the dual steering for a while now, never had an issue. Now all my crawler is doing is going forward and backward. No turning at all. Did some testing with one servo connected, no change. Re-associated the transmitter and receiver, no joy either. I think that it might be the receiver, but not sure. Can't be sure that the two servos would have failed at the same time, so any ideas guys?

Well, yesterday was not a great day for my Temper. Did a couple of runs on my indoor course, worked fine for about five minutes. Then the servos would not respond. I have been running the dual steering for a while now, never had an issue. Now all my crawler is doing is going forward and backward. No turning at all. Did some testing with one servo connected, no change. Re-associated the transmitter and receiver, no joy either. I think that it might be the receiver, but not sure. Can't be sure that the two servos would have failed at the same time, so any ideas guys?
Possibly the receiver test for voltage out put or is it a fail safe issue

Yeap, tested the power output from the receiver and nil, zero, nada! It's probably toasted.
That's another reason I changed the esc o
Can u give me the part number for the ECS?[/QUOTE
Elecs TD-007 320A this is what I used but there are so many I just choose to use this don't forget though you will need a different transmitter

Greetings I am new to this forum. I am just getting back into Rc after yen year absence. Also I am getting my eleven year old son into and he loves it. I got him a two wheel drive ruckus. I have had buggies, trucks, cars, bit never a rock crawler. I don't remember them ten years ago. So before I spend a bunch of money on my next rc I wanted to see if I would enjoy this temper crawler. Well after first few days of driving in house some because it was like 16 degrees out. I finally got it outside. Well I have done a few changes now after ten times of driving it. So what I did to mine right off the bat was trim the front and back of the body down so it didn't rub as much. Then for now tell i can get more money for parts, I took wheel foams out. Then I wrapped each wheel in some coiled fishing lead to add weight. Wrapped the weights around wheels three timesthen wrapped electrical tape around them. Then i took my dremel and sanded off few aalternating treads on all four treads. The truck handles a little better now. Obviously if i invest into better crawler if i really enjoy this I won't pay for upgrades on this one. However if not then i will get wheel spacers and new tires. So I have a question to ask you all. How do I get the body to stay upright when its driving on flat ground? I checked the suspension and it still leans to the left when I drive forward.

H
Greetings I am new to this forum. I am just getting back into Rc after yen year absence. Also I am getting my eleven year old son into and he loves it. I got him a two wheel drive ruckus. I have had buggies, trucks, cars, bit never a rock crawler. I don't remember them ten years ago. So before I spend a bunch of money on my next rc I wanted to see if I would enjoy this temper crawler. Well after first few days of driving in house some because it was like 16 degrees out. I finally got it outside. Well I have done a few changes now after ten times of driving it. So what I did to mine right off the bat was trim the front and back of the body down so it didn't rub as much. Then for now tell i can get more money for parts, I took wheel foams out. Then I wrapped each wheel in some coiled fishing lead to add weight. Wrapped the weights around wheels three timesthen wrapped electrical tape around them. Then i took my dremel and sanded off few aalternating treads on all four treads. The truck handles a little better now. Obviously if i invest into better crawler if i really enjoy this I won't pay for upgrades on this one. However if not then i will get wheel spacers and new tires. So I have a question to ask you all. How do I get the body to stay upright when its driving on flat ground? I checked the suspension and it still leans to the left when I drive forward.
i and welcome I'm sure you'll be enjoying the temper what I did was take the shocks apart and stretch the springs a little

Latest posts

Members online

Back