front servo clicking

chenko24

We have had the Temper only a couple days now. already ordered a bigger battery and better tires. But today I took the truck back to the hobby store and showed him the servo was clicking away. he adjusted the servo on the controller and tried it. But he had it up in the air... I just had it on the desk and if it has weight on it the servo still clicks. Anyone else have this issue? Pretty bad that 2 days into it the servo has issues.

those stock steering servos on the temper suck. mine is clicking, too. I'll buy a better one when it finally shits the bed. and they do have good customer service

Yeah, I have TWO S603's (Or is it S607?) in my Temper for 4WS. On appears to be dying as I can grab the servo arm and easily move it while the servo is powered. Although I've read reviews where the servo is still performing after months of hard use.

I think that since the stock servo is just so cheap it's a mixed bag, quality-wise. I plan on replacing them soon but I haven't picked anything out yet. I'd like to get another pair of Specktrums since I'm running nice Axial 23T servo arms.

And yeah, Horizon Hobby customer service is VERY good. :)

I called ECX we have already recieved and installed the new replacement S605 with metal gears from ECX for free. :) Great service. I took the S605 out of my Losi Night Crawler and upgraded it.... then put the two S605's on the Temper and it now has 4 wheel steering. :)

So how do you like the s605? Does it seem to have any more torque than the s603 that shipped with the temper?

605 is good. That's the stock one on my 1/10 scale losi night crawler. Metal gears as well. The 603 has plastic gears. 605 has about 161oz for torque which should be just fine for the smaller temper. I went with a servo with 208oz on my losi night crawler. Biggest thing is it has metal gears.

I had the same question about the stock 603 servo. I even talked with the tecs at Horizon Hobby about it, they couldn't really give me straight answer. So I just replaced it with a HiTec 625 ultra torque metal geared servo I had laying around. Seems as strong if not stronger, around a 100 oz of torque.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back