Going Shopping.....

arlford

Been out of the rc scene for awhile. What are some good websites to buy parts and accessories?

Depends on what you are looking for. Amazon, tower hobbies, amain, horizon hobby and ebay usually do well.

Right now it just gonna be window shopping and making my "wish list". So, that's a big help until I decide what I "need".

+1 for the local hobby shop, if possible. Once you find a good shop or two you can build up a rapport. Support them and they'll help support you!

The RC car hobby is a bit of a hot mess (hardly anything is packaged with dimensions or specs listed) and you'll need experienced advice plus the ability to compare your broken part with what they've got hanging on the wall. Sometimes even being able to bring in your whole car to do some comparison shopping is great. And with the right kind of person behind the counter it can be immensely fun!

Sometimes, however, you just can't find what you want on the peg board and you'll need to buy online (I'm thinking Ebay here for all the weird old stuff and "take-apart" bits). That's okay.

But definitely give your local shop the support. This hobby would kinda suck if it weren't for local shops. And I've have spent much more money on parts that wound up not fitting or working properly.

OK, thanks! Already have a bunch of questions and suggestions I want to get from the shop where I ordered mine from. So, what you said makes even more sense now.

How is ordering from AsiaTees.com? Shipping times? (I always think "T-shirts" when I see their name!)

They have different methods of shipping. The free shipping usually takes about a week to get to my house. They fly it from Hong Kong to New York and then FedEx it from there. I'm actually quite impressed with how quick it is.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back