Help, rear diff issues

Nightfox_86

About a week ago, I bought a ECX Torment 1/18 SCT and after a couple of times using it, i start to notice that the rear diff was acting strange. It felt like it was jamming, and when every time i accelerated the car, it made an awful gear grinding noise. I have taken off the rear diff to inspect it, but i don’t want to open the entire diff because i fear that i will lose all the parts. I have no idea what i’m doing, now the car is currently FWD instead of AWD because the diff is messed up, can anybody please help me? i don’t know what i’m doing since i just started this hobby.

About a week ago, I bought a ECX Torment 1/18 SCT and after a couple of times using it, i start to notice that the rear diff was acting strange. It felt like it was jamming, and when every time i accelerated the car, it made an awful gear grinding noise. I have taken off the rear diff to inspect it, but i don’t want to open the entire diff because i fear that i will lose all the parts. I have no idea what i’m doing, now the car is currently FWD instead of AWD because the diff is messed up, can anybody please help me? i don’t know what i’m doing since i just started this hobby.
Don't be afraid to open it up. It's a simple design. We picked one up last weekend and I noticed it's spitting grease out of the rear diff already. It's a fun and fast little truck. Call Horizon and talk to then about it. They have excellent customer support and will most likely send you the replacement part. We have a buddy that converted his to brushless and said it's capable of taking a severe whoopin'. We got ours for my son to race on our LHS indoor track this winter. Ecx diffs require repacking the grease fairly often.

Don't be afraid to open it up. It's a simple design. We picked one up last weekend and I noticed it's spitting grease out of the rear diff already. It's a fun and fast little truck. Call Horizon and talk to then about it. They have excellent customer support and will most likely send you the replacement part. We have a buddy that converted his to brushless and said it's capable of taking a severe whoopin'. We got ours for my son to race on our LHS indoor track this winter. Ecx diffs require repacking the grease fairly often.
Wow, thank you! Its actually not all that complicated to be honest, just needed to tighten up some stuff in it. Honetly, now it moves as smooth as butter

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back