Humps Before LiPos

RoyRoy

Has anybody ever stepped up to an 8.4 hump Nihm, before, or instead of, a 2s LiPo? (From a 7.2 Nihm) -just wondering what the speed results were- I’m hearing that 2s and 8.4Nihm are pretty similar in top speed. (But I’ve also heard that there isn’t a big speed difference between a 7.2 and an 8.4, which doesn’t seem right). -Just wondering if an 8.4Nihm is a possibility for an Amp MT. But also wondering if an Arrma brushed Granite/Typhon Mega is a worthwhile purchase/addition to the collection-

I'm not sure about the hump packs for the ecx amp. most people go to 2s brushed or even 3s brushless. 3s brushless is a lot for these trucks so i dont suggest putting a high torque setup in it. Either way the brushed arrma cars would definitely be worth it since i have the 3s granite and although you wont have as much power, I'm confident the brushed cars would be just as much fun!

I'm not sure about the hump packs for the ecx amp. most people go to 2s brushed or even 3s brushless. 3s brushless is a lot for these trucks so i dont suggest putting a high torque setup in it. Either way the brushed arrma cars would definitely be worth it since i have the 3s granite and although you wont have as much power, I'm confident the brushed cars would be just as much fun!
Thanks!

No reason to run 30 year old tech that sucks. LiPo far outperforms those old school batterie. I ran 2S LiPo in my stock Amp MT for months with no problems. I run 3S now with a 3,300 kv brushless and all I’ve upgraded is the metal gear set. Run LiPo, set your slipper clutch and have fun. Welcome to 30 minute run times.

I was running 2s lipos on my Crush and decided to try a 8.4v 4200mah 7 cell nimh hump pack. I think its quicker than 2s lipo and isnt affected by the cold like lipos. Also seemed to keep my motor and esc cooler than lipo. I get 20-25 minutes of pure hauling _ _ _!

Members online

No members online now.
Back