i own a amp 1/10th truck

georgiaboy

which brushless combo should i get and gear should i go with i never own a brushless motor and esc before i always had brushed plz let me know thank you and will it work with stock remote that comes with it

Why do you want to go brushless? It’s a tough little truck as is, I have one. You need the metal gear set and a smaller pinion for brushless at minimum. Going brushless you will break a lot of stuff. It will cost you quite a bit to upgrade it and fix it when it breaks. I would save up and pick up an Arrma Granite 3S or the new Granite Big Rock Crew Cab. The new one is updated and has a fantastic looking matte black finish.

You could possibly sell the Amp, but my son and I enjoy ours a lot. It’s still brushed at the moment but it works great. The first upgrade Inwould do is 2S LiPo and then grippier tires. It runs great on 2S with the stock motor and ESC.

Which metal spur gear will work with the 16t pinion. I run 2s lipo for a few minutes and then the spur gear is trashed. Im on #3 now

If you are going to use a smaller pinion like that you will have to go with the stock 87t size spur in metal , if you get other ones with less teeth the Pinon won't be able to reach the spur

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-193923_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-193923_eBay.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 5
Thx, the 16t pinion is the one it came with out of the box. Ive tried a larger 19 and 21 but it just sound like death and it "chugs". Ill for sure check out the info you sent. Really appreciate it. Im new to the hobby lol

Also, i have the amp crush mt. Will the regular amp mt drivetrain parts cross and be compatible?
Yes, all the 1/10 2WD parts are the same.

I am running an Amp MT on 3S with a plastic spur with no problems. Your slipper is not set properly amd/or your gear mesh is not right.

Members online

Back