Keep breaking drive shafts...

Turtle24

When i go off a jump and hit the ground I am breaking my drive shafts, I have the HD drive shafts and i am noticing that they are breaking quiet easily. I am able to hit the jump and land no problem with my traxxas slash and i have never broke a drive shaft on it. Does anyone know of better drive shafts i can put in my ruckus?

Hate to do this, but I have to ask the obvious question. Are you holding the throttle while landing? If so, STOP IT!

You need to be off the throttle when you land or you will always have an issue breaking drive line components because of the massive shock you are conducting through them.

If this is not what you are doing, please disregard. :) I will look for beefier drive shafts for ya.

Nope im not holing the throttle but maybe the tires are just still spinning when i hit the ground, i will hit the ramp a few more times and pay attention to how it is landing and what the wheels are doing and see what happens. Thanks X

Nope im not holing the throttle but maybe the tires are just still spinning when i hit the ground, i will hit the ramp a few more times and pay attention to how it is landing and what the wheels are doing and see what happens. Thanks X

Unless I need to do a little in flight adjustment by hitting the throttle, I usually let go of the throttle as soon as I hit the jump to make sure that the drive line is disengaged when I hit the ground. At that point your slipper clutch will take the hit, if any.

Yea i am hitting a ramp that i can do flips on so i usually do a flip and then when i'm leveled out i hit the brakes and then let go of the brake so the wheels arent locked up. Could it just be from a hard impact?

If you are driving on a high grip surface like carpet or asphalt, not landing with throttle is even more important. Hot Racing and MIP both make CVD upgrade kits for the Ruckus.

Toby

@MonkeyFist I used rear shafts, they are just about the same size as the stock ecx ones. Measuring and comparing the sizes wouldn't be a bad idea, though.

Just something to note. U joints have to be installed with the correct alignment. That's why all Axial and Traxxas driveshafts have alignment marks. If they are out of phase, it causes vibration and premature wear.

HOT RACING is the website to get metal drive shafts, I have metal driveshafts in both of my Ruckus trucks, I broke 6 pair before I found HOT RACING, you will see what im talking about unless you have already been to that site

HOT RACING is the website to get metal drive shafts, I have metal driveshafts in both of my Ruckus trucks, I broke 6 pair before I found HOT RACING, you will see what im talking about unless you have already been to that site

Are you a hot racing employee? You sure do a lot of advertising for them. And you capitalize their name like a spam bot. No offense if you're just chuffed to bits with their products, lol.

Members online

Back