Keep breaking metal idler gear.

KyleRC

I keep cracking metal gears in my ruckus. I run plastic spur 48p to 15t pinion 3000kv 3s. Metal shafts. I have steel gears ordered. Should I try running a plastic diff to try and make a different weak spot.

I keep cracking metal gears in my ruckus. I run plastic spur 48p to 15t pinion 3000kv 3s. Metal shafts. I have steel gears ordered. Should I try running a plastic diff to try and make a different weak spot.
I think you should keep the internal transmission all metal and well greased. Keep running a plastic spur and back off the slipper. Loosen it until you can hear it slip and scream on take off. It should slip for about 3' and then tighten it a 1/4 turn. I like to set them up so repairs are easily accessible. If you can reduce the punch in your esc, try that as well. A good esc has lot's of programable adjustments including how long it takes to throttle the truck to full speed.

I think you should keep the internal transmission all metal and well greased. Keep running a plastic spur and back off the slipper. Loosen it until you can hear it slip and scream on take off. It should slip for about 3' and then tighten it a 1/4 turn. I like to set them up so repairs are easily accessible. If you can reduce the punch in your ESC, try that as well. A good ESC has lot's of programable adjustments including how long it takes to throttle the truck to full speed.
Thanks it works good now

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back