Mesh/metal/plastic/gearing

mrc82

Ok my lil bro got the castle system for his invictus and I grabbed the hand me down reaktor. Since then I have had big problems with spur gears stripping. I get the mesh perfect tighten the motor mount screws on the can and off to bashing.

The problem. This sucker is a wheelie monster. And a lil heavy in the rear. When I land from jumps or hit the can it seems the motor twist and no matter how I set the slipper going through spurs.

Solutions? that's where you guys come in. Hot Racing makes a steel 87 tooth spur. Should I add another hole on the can for motor mount? Or maybe swith to 32 pitch??

Do you currently have a metal pinion but a plastic spur? If that's the case then you should most definately switch to a metal spur. Also, don't assume your slipper will take care of drivetrain shocks. You should always be off the thottle when landing.

Yup, right now running Robinson racing 48 pitch 22 tooth pinion, 87 tooth plastic spur. The truck came metal pinion plastic spur as do most.

Yup, right now running Robinson racing 48 pitch 22 tooth pinion, 87 tooth plastic spur. The truck came metal pinion plastic spur as do most.

Robinson racing makes great stuff. Yea, definitely switch to metal spur. Never run metal gears on plastic, you will always rip right through the plastic gear.

Do you mind me asking what setup you're using?

Do you mind me asking what setup you're using?

It doesn't look like you mentioned what RC this is in. I personally don't currently own an ECX. Maybe someone who owns the same RC will respond. But I do run robinson racing parts in my RCs.

Any way to move this to "chassis & drivetrain" so it doesn't get missed? Others (including myself) would benefit from this discussion.

Members online

No members online now.
Back