Metal Gear Issues

Shagz

I recently installed metal gears in the transmission and upon running my torment the motor fried. I placed a new motor in and noticed it was not spinning freely, so I loosened the front screws and it works now. What Did I Do Wrong??????????

@Shagz Definitely sounds like you tightened up your transmission case screws too tight. It is a common to have a trans case that is made from a plastic mold like yours to do this. The trick is to go through all 4 screws that keep your case together and loosen them up a little till you see them back off the case surface. Then, you will want to screw them back down a little at a time spinning your spur gear frequently to check for binding. After all that put your motor back in and set your mesh between your pinion and spur gear. BOOM done-ski!

I'm going through the same thing.gears,bearings cases. car handles great.but when does it stop.

I have noticed in my cars that the bearings on the side of the diff sometimes don't set into the gear housing properly and will need to have a light tap with something on the end of the output shafts and it sets the bearings properly. Do that when the housing is screwed together though or you will be very confused.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back