Motor stops after a few minutes of run time.

Hotiron

So I have an AMP MT with the 20T motor after a few minutes of running it stops I can touch it warm but doesn't burn you.
You let it sit for awhile and you can start to turn it but sounds like it has dirt in it but clears up goes away and the truck works again just as fast as my other 3 trucks.
So truck is stock just used for backyard family fun races. The truck is plenty fast as is don't need speed (I would just break more stuff driving skills need improvement).
So do I just put in a stock motor or is there something that is better maybe last longer than two months and doesn't require changing anything else?
Thanks

So I have an AMP MT with the 20T motor after a few minutes of running it stops I can touch it warm but doesn't burn you.
You let it sit for awhile and you can start to turn it but sounds like it has dirt in it but clears up goes away and the truck works again just as fast as my other 3 trucks.
So truck is stock just used for backyard family fun races. The truck is plenty fast as is don't need speed (I would just break more stuff driving skills need improvement).
So do I just put in a stock motor or is there something that is better maybe last longer than two months and doesn't require changing anything else?
Thanks
Unfortunately I think it's just the battle of the brushed motors. They are cheap, but they don't seem to last more than 2 months. I keep them in my son's truck. He did recently graduate up to a 15t and we monitor temp, but usually too late. Last reading was 187. It still runs fine, but they shouldn't run much past 160 to extend the life of the motor. He's on his 3rd since Christmas and we couldn't run them a ton during North East Vermont Winter.

Unfortunately I think it's just the battle of the brushed motors. They are cheap, but they don't seem to last more than 2 months. I keep them in my son's truck. He did recently graduate up to a 15t and we monitor temp, but usually too late. Last reading was 187. It still runs fine, but they shouldn't run much past 160 to extend the life of the motor. He's on his 3rd since Christmas and we couldn't run them a ton during North East Vermont Winter.
I figured so maybe I will look into going brushless. I was trying to avoid it as we have 4 of these and the kids love racing each other don't want one to be faster than the others, every time I do something to these it's x4 gets costly lol.

I figured so maybe I will look into going brushless. I was trying to avoid it as we have 4 of these and the kids love racing each other don't want one to be faster than the others, every time I do something to these it's x4 gets costly lol.
I feel your pain. We have 3 and I just picked up a used Circuit to build a spare to bring more kids to the track.

I use the "water break in" method of seating the brushes. Over a year later and I still haven't replaced a brushed motor. (Although I don't drive the cars all crazy like a kid!) Proper break-in of the brushes can greatly extend the service life of the motor. I also spray the motor out after every other run in the dirt with a motor cleaner spray (Dynamite Power Spray is one brand) and that also helps prolong the life of the motor.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back