Motor upgrades for Boost

i_r_beej

Hey @Aiden you've mentioned that you installed the HPI Firebolt 15T brushed motor in your Boost. I'm going to assume that you've not had any issues with the ESC overheating or otherwise suffering the additional load of the 15T motor?

No, so far so good! The ESC and battery do get warm, but not hot, and nowhere near as hot as the battery got with the Absima 21T Modified. All I did was the usual water break-in and a couple of dabs of Bones Speed Cream (skate lube, just what I had on-hand) and so far it's been great!

Currently I have a 21T pinion in it and that's a bit steeper than the 20T Dynamite with 20T pinion (which is stock), it's running just fine in this configuration. Motor gets warm (not hot), even after a hard run. For what it's worth I'm currently running her on the stock Dynamite 1800MAH pack, I have a 2S 5600MAH ROAR LiPo ready to go in when I get a charger organised and that may alter things but like I said, so far it's great! :D

You'll love your car even more when you power from the LiPo battery! I'm not sure of availability, but I highly recommend the Hitec X1 mini. A great, inexpensive AC charger that will charge just about every type of battery chemistry.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back