My ecx amp body cracked

BriaN

I need help to repair my body? Can anyone help? I added a cotton pad to prevent it from getting worse.

Attachments

• IMG_5669.JPG
    IMG_5669.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5670.JPG
    IMG_5670.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5671.JPG
    IMG_5671.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 18
I sorta can. My Proline F250 body took a nice hit and ripped. I found an article on RC Crawlers that talked about a "3 glue method" to fix a body. Well, I don't use all 3 glues, I only use 2.
  • E6000 - They call it the MacGyver of glues. I think I believe that as the stuff is strong. Its like rubber cement, only ALOT stronger. It makes a nice waterproof bond, but its really flexible. You can actually bend the bonded area after its cured and it won't come apart. You'll want to brush this on if possible and give it a good 24 hours to cure.
  • Loctite Super Glue Ultra Control Gel - Super Glue. Holds anything together but it can shatter if nailed hard enough. Put this on top of the E6000 bond and it will make a protective shell.
  • You can pick either of these up at Walmart in the arts and crafts section or a hardware store. Walmart has the better price.
First, glue the "wound" together with the E6000. If you can, brush it on or it will make the section look puffy. Once its on there do what you have to do to hold the pieces together. After its dried for a few hours, check it. I'd give it the full 24 hours to cure. After that's on there and you're happy with it, lay down some super glue to make a nice protective coat over the E6000. After that's cured, put some gorilla tape behind the "wound" to give it more strength.

[GALLERY=media, 313]Ruckus Body Repair 1 by rendnb posted Sep 24, 2017 at 11:25 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 314]Ruckus Body Repair 2 by rendnb posted Sep 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 315]Ruckus Body Repair 3 by rendnb posted Sep 24, 2017 at 11:26 PM[/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=media, 316]Ruckus Body Repair 4 by rendnb posted Sep 24, 2017 at 11:27 PM[/GALLERY]

What you end up with is something that will hold together. Depending on your skills, it'll look great or ugly as hell... but you'll have a super strong bond that can put up with some punishment. Case in point, I took my Ruckus with me up to my parents house this weekend and was driving around on their street popping wheelies. The Ruckus flipped and cartwheeled, and smashed into a curb. No broken parts (thank goodness), but the body took a hit. The repaired area looked like nothing happened to it, but there is a crack on there I have to fix with the above method.

Finally here's the article I used for reference. I had to figure some things out as the author states "I'm not going to give up all of my trade secrets".... Oooook, whatever dude lol.. I'm all about sharing information with people. He uses a 3rd glue in there but I didn't feel like looking for it. So the 2 glues work well for me.

This is what I do, your mileage may vary, but ultimately I think you'll like the results.

Last edited:
Hey guys, check out my pic below, this is what I've done to protect my body, .99 cent black plastic drawer handles mounted on the body, top and back with aluminium backing (1/16 x 1/2 x 3" long. Works great and 90 percent of the time the Amp will flip back on its wheels. Saves the body and great for picking up the truck.

Attachments

• 20170921_195724.jpg
    20170921_195724.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 15064699356381636955946.jpg
    15064699356381636955946.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 29
Hey guys, check out my pic below, this is what I've done to protect my body, .99 cent black plastic drawer handles mounted on the body, top and back with aluminium backing (1/16 x 1/2 x 3" long. Works great and 90 percent of the time the Amp will flip back on its wheels. Saves the body and great for picking up the truck.

It looks completely ridiculous, I love it.

Hahaha, that is just fantastic!!!

I need help to repair my body? Can anyone help? I added a cotton pad to prevent it from getting worse.
Try using shoo goo glue and fiberglass tape for drywall. Its works great and its cheap.just make sure your your outside. The glue help break down the fiber glass mesh and dries into a hard plastic which u can sand down if needed

Latest posts

Members online

Back