New 1/12th crawler from ECX, the Barrage

Less than $200 as well. Looks pretty good.

Here are a few ECX Barrage features:
  • Scale Body and Chassis
  • Completely Ready to Run: Everything needed is in the box
  • Waterproof electronics: Drive in any conditions
  • Licensed Falken AT3W All Terrain tires: Soft compound treaded tires provide superior grip over most surfaces
  • ECX 2.4GHz TX and RX/ESC: Interference free driving
  • 900mah battery: Over 30 minutes of run time
  • One step charger: Plug in the battery and it charges automatically
  • 4wd drive train: Extreme power for climbing
  • Metal ring and pinion gears: Durability and longevity
  • Locked differentials: No slip and true 4WD power
  • Multi-link suspension: Increased articulation and ability to scale most obstacles
  • Oil filled, coil over shocks: Adjustability and superior handling
  • Aluminum links, motor plate, wheel rings, and shock cap retainers: Durability and styling
  • Combination composite and aluminum main frame: High strength and durability
  • High torque motor: Maximum crawling power in small efficient package
  • Axle mounted steering servo: Weight down low to provide low CG
  • 1:10 scale servo compatible: Can use readily available electronics
  • Advanced battery mount system: Adjustability for different conditions
  • Full ball bearings: Efficiency and increased run time
  • Super user friendly speeds with impressive crawling capabilities: Fun for anyone from beginner to expert

For those as lazy as me, here's a link I finally googled up: http://www.ecxrc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=ECX01009

It has some potential. 1.9 wheels which, I will assUme, are 12mm hex. 2.2 wheels would work. It's a short wheel base at 252mm that will make alternate bodies a little difficult to source. Tamiya may have a few that work.

The 370 motor is a slight turn off due to not as many options as the 1/10's 540 can. But Redcat and Thunder Tiger have a mid size crawler running this size and maybe with another manufacturer putting one out the aftermarket will step up.

The tires are neat as a scaler mall crawler AT. I'd still run them if they were grippy enough.

The Thunder Tiger is neat also, but I'm not a Jeep fanboy and would replace the body anyway. So with this being a fairly cheap lexan/plastic body I wouldn't mind replacing it as much.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back