New Hobbywing crawler ESC is so close, yet so far away

i_r_beej

i just want to whine a little, sorry.
Hobbywing shipped out the new 1080WP crawler ESC on Monday and I've been tracking the USPS status updates every day since. It had a projected arrival date of Friday, Dec 2 and I was about beside myself with eager anticipation when the status updated to show that it had arrived at the local distribution center on Thursday. Friday would be the day!! Nothing on Friday. Nothing today. So maybe Monday? Ugh. Meanwhile the USPS tracking status STILL shows the package as being in the local distribution center, about 15 miles away from my house. I can cut the tension with a knife!!

Tracking is both useful information and the most agonizing thing ever created. USPS seems to always take that to new levels though as their arrival date is rarely accurate.

I will drink a beer in your ESC's tardy honor tonight. Hopefully you get it today. :D

Man I get how you feel, I ordered and ESC and Brushless motor for my amp, the motor already made it but the ESC will be arriving between Dec 5 and 20th!!!!!

Good news, everyone! I got a notice that the package was delivered. Now if only I could fast-forward through this workday! :D

So I finally got to open it up and start the installation. The ESC ships with an XT60 plug installed so I clipped that off and soldered on an EC3. I was able to connect it to the new receiver and do a quick test. So far so good! I need to install new bullet connectors tonight so I can hook up the stock motor and then we'll see. I'm so excited to get this running!

I posted a first look over in Electronics.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back