New RC for me

Bgrunst1

Was thinking about getting, and/or building a torment 4x4. Any thoughts?

I don't believe that the Torment 4x4 is available as a kit, only RTR. Additionally I've not read good things about ECX 4WD vehicles (The exception being the Temper). While the 2WD cars seem to be fairly universally praised for durability, the drivetrains on the 4WD vehicles seem to be week (according to comments I've seen in forums like Ultimate RC, RC Tech, etc.)

Also: that's three differentials you have to maintain, vs. just one in a 2WD vehicle. Personally I prefer to keep things simple. ;)

Lol, yeah, I learned that when I built my Slash 4x4. I have front, rear, and center differentials on it

Being that I own both, I will give you my recommendation. The 4wd is pretty limited in aftermarket support. Bullet proofing it is near impossible.

If you want speed and bulletproofing customization go with the 2wd. If you want to be limited go with the 4wd.

Being that I own both, I will give you my recommendation. The 4wd is pretty limited in aftermarket support. Bullet proofing it is near impossible.

If you want speed and bulletproofing customization go with the 2wd. If you want to be limited go with the 4wd.
Thank you

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back