Racing the Amp MT in outdoor short course

Jeb

image.jpg I went down to Hillside Raceway this weekend and entered my Amp Blazer in the sportsman class. It's not a buggy, and it's not an sct and sportsman is sort of an open race class. After 2 heats I made it to the A Main and finished with a trophy 3rd place finish. Hillside Raceway is the largest outdoor track in New England. Such a fun full day with 9 different classes and 87 racers.

Wow, very nice! I'm guessing you were the odd man out with your Amp. What did the rest of the competition look like?

Nice work!!

The AMP is really a "Stadium Truck" just like the Circuit. Weight, wheelbase, and track are all pretty consistent with STs. Actually my AMP/Circuit's track is quite a bit wider than my TLR 22T.

87 racers! Wow. That's awesome. I was at an indoor race Saturday and there were 40+. It's a small track and venue so things were pretty... cozy.

Last edited:
Wow, very nice! I'm guessing you were the odd man out with your Amp. What did the rest of the competition look like?
The sportsman class was full of oddball vehicles that didn't fit criterea for other classes or people that weren't quite comfortable racing with the big boys. There were Rustler's, Slashes, monster trucks, a 4x4 nitro, buggy's, etc. It was my first time at this track and the Amp handled better on a bigger track. It's always had trouble cornering on my local small track, but I was able to make up time in the long straight away. In hind site I should have thrown a bigger pinion in for even more top speed. I made it to the B main in 4x4 sct with my Tekno and was in the lead by the second lap. My new strategy was to be conservative on the big jumps and do doubles instead of triples and it was working, but a pothole sent me tumbling into the woods and it took too long for the marshal to recover it. I never caught back up. That's racing and I had a blast. Finished 5th in 4x4 sct.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back