Ruckus driving problems

RC_BOSS!65

Hello my ECX Ruckus has been having problems, and has broken down in some way. When I drive it, it makes a clicking noise and doesn't accelerate. I thought I striped my gear, but I took apart my gear system and I didn't see a strip or scratch. Its been broken for a long time so I've been thinking of fixing it for a long time.
Please notify me if you have had the same problem and it was fixed.

If you checked all your gearing, transmission, spur, pinion and also the adjustment of the clutch and all is okay, then pull the drive wheel off and check to see if the wheel hub has dislodged from the drive pin in the axiel.

I think it’s a glitch in the computer. On of mine does it too if there’s any resistance on the truck. You may need to upgrade or replace the ESC and/or motor.

Hello my ECX Ruckus has been having problems, and has broken down in some way. When I drive it, it makes a clicking noise and doesn't accelerate. I thought I striped my gear, but I took apart my gear system and I didn't see a strip or scratch. Its been broken for a long time so I've been thinking of fixing it for a long time.
Please notify me if you have had the same problem and it was fixed.
Did you check your rear wheel bearings? I had to replace mine and this is exactly what mine was doing.

things to check -

1 Is the motor pinion and spur spinning? If no, then check that the pinion grub screw is on the flat of the motor shaft, and tight. If this is not the issue, then either your motor or ESC may be having an issue - probably the ESC as motors don't fail nearly as often.

2 If yes, watch the outdrives / axles, and give it some throttle. Does one of the axles spin? If no, then something inside the transmission is wrong. Check the slipper first (most common, but it does not click) lock it down and try again. If the three gears are good, then open the diff, and look for a broke gear or pin.

3 If yes for only one, then pull the wheel. The plastic hex is probably stripped(most common). If the hex is good, check for the pin(less common).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back