Second truck same issue!!

Rc Destroyer

So I've got two ECX AMP MT's. I bought the kit version this last time around because I wanted to learn the truck more. I also bought a 15t motor and a couple 3300 batteries. I am now unable to drive either one of my trucks. What is my issue(s). I've got full function of the front tires but nothing to my back tires. The servo no longer beeps 3x's when I power on the transmitter.

@Rc Destroyer I'd first start by making sure all your batteries are fully charged then try re-binding your receiver to your transmitter.

How to bind ECX AMP receiver and transmitter

• With the receiver and transmitter powered off, use a paper clip or small screw driver and press and hold the BIND button.
  • Power on the vehicle, the receiver will blink red.
  • Power on the transmitter and the ESC will bind automatically.

how-to-bind-ecx-amp-radio.png

Ok I tried that on both trucks still with the same outcome. I fully charged batteries and re bound both a couple times. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I currently have the same issue with my Amp. I'm fairly certain it's the ESC/receiver. I would call up Horizon, they are great about replacing parts for free.

I had the same problem with one of my Amps. Try this: when you turn it on, put your ear right on top of the ESC. Do you hear the faintest do-re-mi sound? That's what mine did, you could not hear it unless it was entirely quiet and your ear was really close to it. It also smelled like fried electronics. It was gone...

I bought a new one from ebay (and a new radio)... Horizon later replaced mine as a courtesy, it's sitting in my parts box for the time when my Amp buggy develops the same problem.

I believe if your RX became unbound from the radio, it will still bleep once when you turn it on. No bleep = go shopping for new part.

I may be wrong but I think the esc won't beep if not connected properly to motor. You could try touching the battery connector directly to the positive/negative wires on your motor (maybe take wheels off first as it will be like full throttle). This would help check both battery and motor. But first check if the plugs from motor to esc are properly connected.

Check/re check all your connections. Make your all your motor wires are hooked up correctly. Also check all your trims on your remote.
The stock electronics in these trucks are garbage. I fried mine pretty quickly with the stock motor. My bud also fried his 2 days into running the truck, also stock.
It sucks that you need to buy a new transmitter/reciever but it's better to just suck it up and be done with it, rather then keep replacing the same crappy parts.

I am on my 3rd ESC with my AMP, I love the truck but this is getting expensive, steering works but no forward and reverse, smells like burnt plastic. I am running 7 cell Traxxas NiMh 8.4 volt batteries, stock 20t motor, just bought 15t dynamite motor. Any advise on changing ESC on the cheap and still using stock transmitter?

Sounds like your esc melted. I've seen a few of these stick esc fry themselves for no apparent reason. Apparently ECX does make a reciever that will bind to the stock transmitter, but I don't remember the part number offhand, and I know last time I check they were all out of stock.
I wouldn't stick the the stock transmitter myself, I feel your pain on the money side of things but upgrade it once and be done with it.
As for esc you have a world of options. You can get a brushed esc that will run brushed if that's where your planning to stay. Or you can go with a brushless esc, some like my castle will run brushed or brushless motors. But those are pricey.
Traxxas xl5 ? Maybe I used to have one is a solid brushed esc with lipo cutoff option.

We fried 2 stock receivers before we got the spektrum 13003 receiver that binds to the stock transmitter. Then we got an Arma speed control for my son's brushed motor Amp. He runs a 15t motor with a 2s 6200 40c battery and it's been running solid for months. I built mine with the 13003 and a brushless set up. The esc receiver combo just isn't reliable. The arma esc also works with nimh batteries up to 8.4v but you do have to switch a jumper when alternating battery types. It also has low voltage cutoff which is a must if you upgrade to lipo.

We fried 2 stock receivers before we got the spektrum 13003 receiver that binds to the stock transmitter. Then we got an Arma speed control for my son's brushed motor Amp. He runs a 15t motor with a 2s 6200 40c battery and it's been running solid for months. I built mine with the 13003 and a brushless set up. The ESC receiver combo just isn't reliable. The arma ESC also works with NiMH batteries up to 8.4v but you do have to switch a jumper when alternating battery types. It also has low voltage cutoff which is a must if you upgrade to LiPo.

https://www.ebay.com/p/ECX13003-ECX...fd6da|iid:1&trdt=0&rdtsrc=vi&iid=121952098613

Latest posts

Members online

Back