Should I change the stock ESC in my ecx amp mt for LiPo?

I'm just a noob

I was looking for upgrading to LiPo. My worries is that the ESC will burn with a 2s 5000mah 30c but I'm not to worried for the motor cuz it's a titan 12t 550. I have a proper LiPo charger (IMAX b6). Plz help me I don't want my stuff burning.

Get yourself a lipo alarm and monitor the cell voltages as your run it. As long as you stop running before it gets too low you will be fine. I usually stop around 3.7V per cell. The stock ESC will handle 2s just fine.

Get yourself a lipo alarm and monitor the cell voltages as your run it. As long as you stop running before it gets too low you will be fine. I usually stop around 3.7V per cell. The stock ESC will handle 2s just fine.
Thanks dud. Btw how much time does a 2s 5000mah battery take to charge (on a IMAX b6)?

Thanks dud. Btw how much time does a 2s 5000mah battery take to charge (on a IMAX b6)?

Unless otherwise noted on the battery, charge at 1C. This means 1 x Capacity. Your 5000mAh battery would get charged at 5A, which would mean it gets charged in an hour.

I tested 3 separate Amp MT's with 2s lipo and on each one the stock ESC/receiver stopped working after one run. The motor just made clicking noises and would no longer spin. I thought I fried them. A few weeks later I tested each of the ESC's again and got all three of them working again after messing with the radio settings and trying to rebind them. I don't know why the lipo caused this or exactly how I fixed them. Anyone else notice this when using lipo with stock ESC/Rx?

I tested 3 separate Amp MT's with 2s lipo and on each one the stock ESC/receiver stopped working after one run. The motor just made clicking noises and would no longer spin. I thought I fried them. A few weeks later I tested each of the ESC's again and got all three of them working again after messing with the radio settings and trying to rebind them. I don't know why the lipo caused this or exactly how I fixed them. Anyone else notice this when using lipo with stock ESC/Rx?

We burned out the servo on the second 2s run. I changed it out an on the next run the esc quit turning the servo. Perhaps I just need to re-bind?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back