Should I get a barrage?

xlDooM

So, last year I bought an Axial SCX10 G6 Falken edition for my kid. He loves that thing. I dig holes in the sandbox for him, put little bamboo sticks to mark the course, which he then tries to conquer. Afterwards we hit up youtube and watch videos like this one:

I'd love to have another scaler so we can run together. The SCX10 was $350 though, I can't justify paying that again. Do you think a barrage would tick the boxes? I realize I'm somewhat spoiled by the SCX10, but would their relative capabilities be that far apart?

@xlDooM, I don't have an ECX Barrage myself but have got to play with one a while back at the LHS. They are fun trucks and if all you're doing is playing in the sand box then I think you'll be just fine.

You're right though, the SCX10 has probably got you a bit spoiled so be prepared. ;)

The Barrage isn't going to have anywhere near the wheel speed or overall speed of the SCX10.
BUT, it's still a lot of fun. And you can improve on it. I kinda built my own barrage by taking apart a Temper and moving all the stuff over to an SCX10 frame. I put a bigger motor in it (the Barrage has a bigger motor than the Temper) and it's quite capable of going places the SCX10 can and some it can't! The Barrage is such a short wheelbase it doesn't get stuck on some the things my Deadbolt does! For the money I think it's worth it. But you're going to have to replace the front servo, the stock ones die fast on that truck.

Thanks. The SCX10 could actually do with some more low speed control, and I'm more than willing to sacrifice some speed for it. I'll keep my eye out for a sale somewhere. They currently retail at 200 euros over here, which surely is a bit much. Should be closer to 160.

I agree. I'm looking to drop a smaller pinion in mine just to slow it down some and give me a little more control over the crawling.

I had a Barrage for a while and really liked it. It's a really capable crawler for the money. I sold it because I had big ideas of getting the new TRX4 but in the end I couldn't justify the cost. I was going to get a new battery and charger so it was going to end up being over $600. Now I have two Ruckus trucks and miss the crawler. I ordered the new Doomsday so it will be a cool addition to my collection. Three ECX trucks for the price of one Traxxas. More bang for the buck!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back