Spektrum DX2E: how to properly set end points?

i_r_beej

Hey all,
This is my first radio with end-point adjustment. (Be kind-- last time I touched a transmitter was 23+ years ago.)I've tried this a few times now and the instructions in my Boost's manual have left me feeling quite stupid. I am not at all certain how to properly set the endpoints (throttle or steering) with my radio system. I take it that I leave the car/receiver OFF during this procedure? If so then how do I know the actual left and right endpoints of the steering servo?

If you can explain or point me to a good tutorial I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

For steering, i just pick the truck off the floor, and turn it on. Then, set the endpoints so that when you turn, the wheels turn as far as possible without the servo twitching or buzzing.

Make sure the servo is at its default spot, it will do this when you turn the car on. When it is at the default sport the but you linkage on and from there start to set you end points.

Okay everyone. I finally found out the correct procedure for endpoint adjustment on the Spektrum DX2E. Straight from Horizon.

For setting the endpoint it is best to have the model on and ready, then with the radio start with the trim in the center before beginning the end point adjustment. Increase the endpoint right and then left, turning the trim clockwise until you hit the point the the servo stops.
So what is being demonstrated in the YouTube video is incorrect. He's turning both trim knobs ALL THE WAY to the right (full trim position). You only need to turn the trim knob as far as servo can travel without binding.

Ok, I wrestled with this one for a day or two and managed to get it sorted by combining all online advice;

Endpoint set Spektrum DX2E
First bind your remote to the receiver as described in the manual (bind plug, switch the remote on with the "bind" button pressed). Follow the complete procedure; full throttle, full brake, full right, full left. The remote and receiver are now calibrated (sort of). Switch the receiver (car) off and remove the bind plug. Turn the car back on and test all controls. Chances are that your steering is not exactly set up correctly, either the wheels don't reach lock or your servo is buzzing trying to push the wheels further.

Here's the trick I found out to finetune the steering (set the endpoints);
Turn your remote off, but your car ON. Hold the steering wheel to max-right and the trigger to full-brake at the same time. Now turn the transmitter back on. The green light will start blinking. Now you can use the steering wheel to steer and... use the steering-trim button to set the correct end point! Turning the knob rigt gives more steering, left less. Beware: once set; release the steering wheel FIRST before setting the trim button back to center. Repeat procedure for the other side. Now turn the transmitter and the car off. Place the bind-plug and re-bind and re-calibrate receiver. Turn the car off, remove the plug and turn it back on.

You're all set! Endpoints set correctly, full steering and no burning servo.

I find it bizarre that Horizon seems to be unable to provide correct procedures for their own kit, but anyhow, hope above helps you out!

By the way; the DX2E, once set up properly, performs EXCELLENT for such a low-end (price) transmitter. I even prefer it over my DX4C, for some reason it seems more "fluent" and precise.

Last edited:
I find it bizarre that Horizon seems to be unable to provide correct procedures for their own kit, but anyhow, hope above helps you out!
Yeah, the instructions in the kit manual were really vague. However, I posted directions that I received directly from Horizon a couple of messages up this thread.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back