Stock receiver

BabyDyke415

Is there anything I can do to somehow use the stock controller or somehow hook it up to my upgrades? I like that controller size and options but as far as I know I can not hook it up since I have a different motor and ESC in my ECX AMP MT now.

That is correct: you will need a new receiver and transmitter. Many here recommend a FlySky radio system. Personally I like Spektrum just fine and the Dx2E radio with SR210 receiver are a good, low-cost option.

And any other system you get WILL be better than the Rx/ESC combo unit that came with the AMP.

Check out >this post<, scroll down a bit and you'll see a photo of the electronics layout in my my AMP (now, technically a Circuit, but they are 99% the same so... whatever) with a Hobbywing Justock ESC and Spektrum SR310 receiver. The SR210 is two channel and the same physical size as the 310 (three channel). So the receiver is actually smaller than the stock AMP Rx/ESC combo unit.

Last edited:
That is correct: you will need a new receiver and transmitter. Many here recommend a FlySky radio system. Personally I like Spektrum just fine and the Dx2E radio with SR210 receiver are a good, low-cost option.

And any other system you get WILL be better than the Rx/ESC combo unit that came with the AMP.

Check out >this post<, scroll down a bit and you'll see a photo of the electronics layout in my my AMP (now, technically a Circuit, but they are 99% the same so... whatever) with a Hobbywing Justock ESC and Spektrum SR310 receiver. The SR210 is two channel and the same physical size as the 310 (three channel). So the receiver is actually smaller than the stock AMP Rx/ESC combo unit.
I've had good luck with the Flysky Fs-gt3b. You can bind up to 10 vehicles to just by purchasing additional receivers. I'm running 2 trucks with it now and it has features that I can't live without anymore. Takes a while to figure out though, but they all do

I have a helion controller(receiver or whatever), I miss the function of turning the throttle way down for kids to play with it.. I wonder if a different controller is available with that function otherwise I would just get what Jeb said

I have a helion controller(receiver or whatever), I miss the function of turning the throttle way down for kids to play with it.. I wonder if a different controller is available with that function otherwise I would just get what Jeb said
Most radios have that feature. Channel 1 is steering and chanel 2 is throttle. On mine you go to channel 2 and turn the end point down. That limits the throttle. It is called different things on different systems, but it should be there.

Most radios have that feature. Channel 1 is steering and chanel 2 is throttle. On mine you go to channel 2 and turn the end point down. That limits the throttle. It is called different things on different systems, but it should be there.
I will have to try again.. for now I have a different problem though. The servo I just put in isn't working or something. It was great for a little while but now it doesn't turn, physically turning the wheels doesn't move the servo arms anymore either so I don't know what I just did :-(

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back