T-Bone Racing Racer2 bumper for ECX Boost

i_r_beej

As part of my recent make-over binge, I purchased a T-Bone Racing "Racer2" bumper for my Boost. The Racer2 bumper is made of a relatively thin (.093" thick) nylon material which keeps weight down and makes for a nice, springy bumper. It is a little wider than the stock bumper (which is the same on the Boost, Circuit, and AMP vehicles) but has the advantage of protruding more out the front and features a good "kick up" that, in my track "testing" helps the car recover from nose-dives and get up and over obstacles. Plus it's a nice-looking bit of equipment!

I spent several hours at the local indoor carpet "off-road" track which features a thin Ozite carpet over concrete, wooden jumps, and several round steel support posts in the middle of the track. Throw in a gaggle of Slash trucks and you've got the making of a brutal test of a buggy driver's hand-eye coordination and intestinal fortitude. Endos, collisions, plowing into course walls, and driving into and over SCTs provided a great test of the bumper and it passed with its great looks intact. Better still, my Boost's great looks we also preserved!

T-Bone apparently manufactures their bumpers once you place your order, so you're assured of factory freshness. ;) T-Bone makes bumpers compatible with many RC vehicles including the ECX Boost, Circuit, Ruckus, and Torment (and others).

Next to RPM upgrades, the T-Bone bumper is a must-have in my book!

Side-by-side comparison:

ecx-boost-tbone-racer2.jpg

Front view:
ecx-boost-tbone-racer2-2.jpg

I love T-Bone Racing stuff. Not only are they solid products, but made in the USA and have an unbeaten warranty similar to RPM... you break it they replace it!

Looks good. I put one on my mini ruckus after breaking off a wheel. As soon as I received it I immediately ordered two for my kids amps and one for my stampede. Can't wait to get them. I wish they were a little wider like the ruckus going partially in front of the tires, but better than stock for sure.

Here's the one on my ruckus.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fnbq1keN.png

I can't speak for the Ruckus, but the Racer2 bumper doesn't come close to interfering with steering on the Boost.

I'm not a fan of the plain flat bumpers. the function is definately there, but the styling doesn't quite do it for me. Some of their newer stuff is looking better though, like the ones for the HPI Jumpshot

Sure, I get style preference. Personally I tend toward simple, functional design without superfluous ridges, cutouts, scrollwork, etc. Ultimately, though, I want the bumper to be brute-squad tough. I tested my bumper by intentionally running into trees, posts, my car's tire and then at the track against a swarm of Slash SCTs! The T-Bone bumper is tough and has an unbeatable warranty!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back