The age old question... Track'er or Basher?

daprib

Not sure if this has been done here or not but I figured what the hell, why not ask.;)

Question 1. Track'er or Basher

Question 2. Where do you race/bash

Question 3. What do you race/bash
(doesn't need to necessarily be ECX)

(this is a little experiment I wanted to run to help decide what I am going to purchase next also feel free to post pictures too:D)

@daprib Question 1 really all depends on do you have a LHS with a track or know of any RC tracks nearby? If not you're going to have a hard time racing others. If you do have a track near by start by looking at what classes they offer. No need to buy a buggy if all they race are short course trucks or so on.

Find out that info and the rest is pretty easy to figure out.

1.) Both.

2.) Race: RC Plus track in Salem, OR
Bash: Anywhere. Backyard, drive way, street (our neighborhood is largely unpaved).

3.) Race: TLR 22 3.0
Bash: ECX Boost, AMP MT, and Temper

I want to add that I recently discovered crawling and it's fantastic! You don't need very much space at all since the car moves quite slowly and just about anything becomes an obstacle to conquer! In fact, I've been inspired to actually do some yard work and I'm slowly rearranging what were once nuisance piles of rock into a "crawler garden" around a tree and landscape feature in our back yard. Fun!

1.) Both.

2.) Race: RC Plus track in Salem, OR
Bash: Anywhere. Backyard, drive way, street (our neighborhood is largely unpaved).

3.) Race: TLR 22 3.0
Bash: ECX Boost, AMP MT, and Temper

I want to add that I recently discovered crawling and it's fantastic! You don't need very much space at all since the car moves quite slowly and just about anything becomes an obstacle to conquer! In fact, I've been inspired to actually do some yard work and I'm slowly rearranging what were once nuisance piles of rock into a "crawler garden" around a tree and landscape feature in our back yard. Fun!
Ooooooh... I like the crawler idea, thanks

Crawlers are fun and the temper is great! Here's my obligatory temper video that shows the articulation with just a couple bucks in mods

Although I do need a new steering servo now, mine is getting stripped I think lol

Also, the good thing about a tracker/crawler is the fact that you can use them anywhere! You can play on the street, in dirt, in tall grass, in the forest, in the mountains, the desert, you can climb with them, etc.

With a basher or racer your pretty much stuck to tracks, pavement, dirt, and very short grass.

Last weekend I took my axial bomber out and was jumping it, and then I took it out into the forest and went through some mud, a creek, over logs and sticks, and the forest floor was completely covered in newly fallen leaves that would completely cover the bomber and it just plowed right through them. I never could have done that with my ruckus

Crawling is a different kind of fun. Clearing a tricky outcrop with a crawler is just as thrilling as hearing your buggy's tires screech as it rails a hairpin turn on carpet. :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back