Toe-in on rear wheels?

dwilliams407

Hi everyone,
New member from Florida here. Been lurking and reading up as much as possible before posting. I recently purchased a 4wd brushless Ruckus locally off of Craigslist. Love the truck, seems to run great. The question I have is regarding toe-in of the rear wheels. My lhs all seem to just have the 2wd models, and looking at the rear end, the wheels seem to be completely straight. Do the 4wd have some toe-in on the rear axle? Here’s a pic of mine. I’ve tried to look and see if there was a way to adjust it. Not sure if that’s even possible. Also the wheel/hub on the drivers side seems to be toed-in more than the passenger side. Any advice? I don’t really see anything underneath that looks bent or anything...

Attachments

• 611AAD61-302E-400B-A2EA-4CB24BDCBB94.jpeg
    611AAD61-302E-400B-A2EA-4CB24BDCBB94.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 6
Hello

I have 4x4 brushed version and it has exactly same toe-in. Also it seems front and back has slight negative camber.
I have understood that toe-in on rear wheels gives you better stability.

You cannot adjust the rear toe on the Ruckus. Or any of the ECX cars. Typically rear toe is adjusted via inserts in a rear pivot block (found on race-quality cars such as the TLR 22 series, Associated's RC10 B5/B6 cars, etc.).

This is not really an adjustment that will make any noticeable difference on a "basher" type car.

As for the appearance of the assymetrical toe, it may be that the tire on one side is mounted a little off and is creating the appearance of different toe.

Most trucks will have a little positive (inward) toe in the rear (about 2 degrees) and little or no negative (outward) toe in the front (0 to -2 degrees).

Thank you for the replies. Just trying to find out as much info as possible about the truck and make sure everything is ok with it being new to this. But I’m hooked! This forum is great!

Latest posts

Members online

Back