Tons of Fun

strebel

We are doing some backyard construction and over Labor day I knew the workers would not be around and there was just a bunch of packed dirt. Picked up 2 AMPS, 1 for each son (4 and 6yrs old). Found this forum, read about upgrades, and got the bug. Within a few days had 1 AMP fully modded with with new brushless motor, Lipo, and ton of alum parts.

Funny enough the totally stock AMP buggy has been trouble free and will run for days.

The MT I've upgraded.. is spinning out bearings, breaking parts, and overall just too much fun to drive.

Dumb video

When I was a kid, I never had the money to afford RC cars but I was always interested in them. Fun to finally get what all the hype is about. Both my sons love driving them.. nearly everyday they are out there bashing.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums, @strebel
Yeah, the aluminum stuff: more of a "coolness" upgrade and not so much a durability upgrade. Although the ECX aluminum-bodied shock absorbers upgraded with Kyosho x-ring seals ARE an improvement over the plastic shocks that come with the AMP vehicles. I found that they all had an inconsistently slight "hourglass" shape.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back