Turns but wont go

falotz2

I recently purchased this ECX Temper for my son. Not even 30 days ago.....I turned it on to play with and it turns but will not accelerate. I can play with all the setting on the remote and the vehicle responds. Everything but the throttle and reverse. I called Horizon Hobby and they are sending me a new motor. If this does not fix the problem what could it be??? ESC? I'm hoping its something simple but any help would be greatly appreciated.

That sounds more like the ESC than the motor... but it could be the motor. Try replacing the motor first and report back.

One thing you can do to test the motor is to unplug the motor leads and connect them to battery directly. If the motor turns when connected directly to a battery, I'd suspect the ESC itself.

On my Amp, once the throttle was unresponsive due to the throttle trim on the remote. For whatever reason the ESC didn't like the position on startup. I returned it to the neutral position and restarted the ESC and everything worked fine.

I should be getting my motor tonight. First thing I did was change batteries in controller. I came to the conclusion that its my motor by placing my multimeter on the leads coming out of the ESC and I get a clean 7.3 volts coming out of it. I also put it on the motor ends and the motor is getting 7.3 as well. The motor does not turn. I will see tonight

Also, How do you go about restarting your ESC??

I had the exact same symptoms. I took apart the radio, and swapped the throtle and steering, and still only the steering worked. Swapped batteries, and connected power to only the motor. the motor worked. Called Horizon Hobbies and they are going to send me a new ESC. However its on back order. While I wait, I purchased a new radio and ESC from hobby king ( Basher Rocksa) for 17 dollars. I hooked it up today and popped in a 2s Lipo and everything is working. Only issue is a burning smell from the motor, I ran it for 3 batteries and the smell went away and the crawler is working fine... if i do burn the motor out, ill replace it and swap back to the ESC once horizon sends it.

Errr. I'm talking about the 1/24 temper, are you all talking about the larger one?

You have part numbers for the radio and receiver that you bought from HobbyKing? Thanks!

Im not that good with forum posting ill try to drop a link... if the link doesn't work just search hobby king for Basher Rocksta and scroll down to see "others also bought" I actually had a hard time finding it again just right now.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/transmitter-and-two-in-one-waterproof-receiver-and-esc-1set.html

Bad news... I have used the basher rocksta ESC and radio with my 1/24 Temper for about 10 batteries worth of crawling indoors over 5 days... and now i'm back to not being able to accelerate and only have steering control. I was using Turnigy Nano-tech 350mah 65c 2s 7.4 Lipos. Everything was fine then it just stopped working. Im guessing its the motor since I have changed all electrics except for the steering servo. Im not even sure if my stock ESC is acctualy broken... im going to pick up a 13 dollar motor and see what happens. Anyone know what the extra thing soldered onto the wires leading into the motor is? a diode? (im bad with electronics).

Slight update. I removed my motor, and hooked it up directly to a battery to see if it is functional... No dice, the motor is toast. I could only find a replacement motor on the HH site, and the ECX site. I don't want the same motor but there are no aftermarket options that are easy to figure out if it will fit. I contacted Horizon with an email but got no reply. I ended up just purchasing one. After I made my purchase Horizon contacted me and stated they are sending me a new motor and a new ESC when they come off backorder. I informed them that my original ESC may still be functional and I wouldnt be needing the 2nd ESC. Orders will get here next week and ill let yall know what happens. Also bought an aluminum chassis piece because the plastic one was stripped upon disassembly.

Change the batteries in the transmitter, low voltage can cause issues also.
I don’t know where to post my issue or what but I have the Temper Gen 2 and I’ve had it for almost a year now and the other day I turned it on and it will Go into Drive and in reverse but as I start to drive it it will stop and act like it’s jammed or something help please

I don’t know where to post my issue or what but I have the Temper Gen 2 and I’ve had it for almost a year now and the other day I turned it on and it will Go into Drive and in reverse but as I start to drive it it will stop and act like it’s jammed or something help please

Take the gear cover off. Look for damage to the spur and pinion, slipper clutch. If you find none, remove the 2 screws for the motor. Spin the spur by hand. Power up and operate the motor. This will at least isolate your problem to motor or drivetrain

Latest posts

Members online

Back