What is this slipping?

zukicidal

I took a little video of my issue. The rear diff is nice and tight, only a little play. The motor spins fine but when there's resistance on the wheels it hesitates. Is it the slipper clutch or electronics?

It's not an issue i have that really bad on my torment. That is because sensorless brushless systems do that when they are under load at low speeds. Cheaper or lower quality systems have a hard time operating in high stress environments. It depends on how your motor is built. If your motor gets hot feeks like it burns to the touch after a run you might have to go down in gearing.

Thanks for the reply! I will try gearing it down

Last edited:
I also have to mention that having high C ratings helps my motors work better under loads I tested my 20c to the 40c. The 40c seemed to work better in the grass and did better wheelies. If you know the max amps of your system try to get about half of that with the batteries constant discharge for good bashing. For racing I would try to get a battery close to the max amps for the most power. If you have a battery with too many amps it doesn't really matter nothing bad will happen. In other words if your motor is cogging like that try a higher c rating it will help and boost power.

Lets say...
Max electronics amps = 200
Battery = 5000mah or 5amp
discharge = 40c
5x40=200amps constant
Max discharge is around double 400amps = good racing battery

A good bashing battery would be a 20c if you arent going full throttle all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back