Will Traxxas Slash shock's bolt on my Ecx Amp? They're the same length.

ScottyD420

Hoping someone knows the answer, don't want to order from china if possible.

You might need to use a spacer on the shock tower so the cap doesn't hit depending on where you mount your shock. The eyelet of the shock is a little closer to the top of the shock on the Traxxas shocks.

You might need to use a spacer on the shock tower so the cap doesn't hit depending on where you mount your shock. The eyelet of the shock is a little closer to the top of the shock on the Traxxas shocks.
Okay thank you, was hoping maybe at the very least it would bolt up to the lower hole on my shock Tower.

Okay thank you, was hoping maybe at the very least it would bolt up to the lower hole on my shock Tower.
I am pretty sure that you will need a spacer for the lower mounting hole on the tower. I can double check tonight when I get home.

And as a side note be weary of the cheap Chinese shocks, there is a lot of inconsistencies between batches of shocks. Spring rates are random, shock pistons have random sized holes, they leak and the shafts have a tendency to bend.

I am pretty sure that you will need a spacer for the lower mounting hole on the tower. I can double check tonight when I get home.

And as a side note be weary of the cheap Chinese shocks, there is a lot of inconsistencies between batches of shocks. Spring rates are random, shock pistons have random sized holes, they leak and the shafts have a tendency to bend.
Okay thanks for the info can you recommend one that's not going to completely break the bank that is halfway decent

Last edited:
Yep, know problem, like one user said, yo u might have too use a spacer on the shock tower. The spacer's usually comes with the shocks. Below is a picture of one of my ECX trucks with spacer's used on the front shocks. Usually yo u will get different types of spacer's. Your can also make your own if need be.

Attachments

• 20200703_200844.jpg
    20200703_200844.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 9

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back