1/10 ecx ruckus 4wd steering works but won't move

smokysRC509

So I bought a 1/10 ruckus four-wheel drive. I replaced the motor, the ESC, the motor bracket and plate and pinion gear. But when I give it throttle to go forward or back it won't move. But I can turn left and right but can't go forward or reverse. Very frustrating. Can anybody help? I haven't cleaned out and replaced with white lithium grease for the differentials and they're good

1. You put another stock ESC/motor in it or aftermarket?
  2. Does it make any noise when you give it throttle like it's trying to move?
  3. What happens when you lift the vehicle off the ground and give it throttle?
  4. Take the pinion gear off the motor. Give it throttle. Does the motor spin forward or back?

1. You put another stock ESC/motor in it or aftermarket?
  2. Does it make any noise when you give it throttle like it's trying to move?
  3. What happens when you lift the vehicle off the ground and give it throttle?
  4. Take the pinion gear off the motor. Give it throttle. Does the motor spin forward or back?
It's after market brushless 3660 an esc is 60a
Some times gets a clicking noise but most the time nothing.
When I lift it off the ground and give a gas whether it's forward or reverse, nothing happens. I took the opinion gear off the motor gave us some throttle and the motor pin spins forward and back

So now you know the issue is in the drivetrain, it's not the battery, motor, ESC, receiver, or transmitter.

Spin the pinion by hand, do you feel any binding? It's hard to take the center driveshaft out, but can you visually see any problems with it? What happens when (off the ground) you rotate each of the wheels by hand? Does the other wheel on that axle rotate in the opposite direction? Do the other two move at all?

One question I forgot is...was this happening prior to you installing all these parts, or was this a pre-existing condition?

So now you know the issue is in the drivetrain, it's not the battery, motor, ESC, receiver, or transmitter.

Spin the pinion by hand, do you feel any binding? It's hard to take the center driveshaft out, but can you visually see any problems with it? What happens when (off the ground) you rotate each of the wheels by hand? Does the other wheel on that axle rotate in the opposite direction? Do the other two move at all?

One question I forgot is...was this happening prior to you installing all these parts, or was this a pre-existing condition?
About the car from a friend of mine and he has the mail the forgot the issues and I've got a bunch of one 24th. All the up to 1/8 RC's crawlers to racers to bashers and I normally don't have an issue figuring stuff out but this ECX ruckus has been a headache Lee I want to lift it off the ground. I rotate one of the back wheels. The opposite wheel rotates the opposite way like it's supposed to the front tires don't move when I spend the back tires but if I spend the front tire the other one will spin

Well that most likely rules out catastrophic failure, we need to isolate the slipper and the front/rear diffs

Take the spur cover off and spin the spur by hand 4 wheels on the ground. Any movement forward or back? Now do the same with 4 wheels in the air. See if you can see the cup at the front of the slipper going to the driveshaft or the rear one going into the rear diff. Do they look intact? Do they spin when you spin the spur gear?

Well that most likely rules out catastrophic failure, we need to isolate the slipper and the front/rear diffs

Take the spur cover off and spin the spur by hand 4 wheels on the ground. Any movement forward or back? Now do the same with 4 wheels in the air. See if you can see the cup at the front of the slipper going to the driveshaft or the rear one going into the rear diff. Do they look intact? Do they spin when you spin the spur gear?
Well I went through and did all that and I still have no no throttle to go forward or reverse my ESE every time I go to give it throttle to go and reverse or forward a green light pops up on the ESC

Well I went through and did all that and I still have no no throttle to go forward or reverse my ESE every time I go to give it throttle to go and reverse or forward a green light pops up on the ESC

You said with the pinion gear off, the motor spins when you give it throttle forward or reverse. Green LED is usually good, and when you go full throttle it should do something different blink etc

Latest posts

Members online

Back