circuit 2wd

its straight hopefully be fine. what thickness gasket paper do u use? transmission case coming soon
just need some dry weather in uk to test it out }}
cheers for u help (y)

This is what I use, just what the local parts store had. I was having all sorts of clutch slip issues with big power another member on here called me and recommended cutting my own, light glue to the spur so they can’t spin, then rough it up just a little with coarse sandpaper. Rough the plates up too. Took the spring completely out, I put on m4 nut on and set my clutch (full tight then backed off 1/6 turn - one flat of the nuts). Then loctite on the remaining threads and run another m4 nut down and tighten them together. Prevents the clutch from coming out of adjustment or big power compressing the spring under load

Glad I could help, try to post a follow up when you solve the issue so if someone in the future has the same problem they can see the solution

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    195.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0964.jpeg
    IMG_0964.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 5
This is what I use, just what the local parts store had. I was having all sorts of clutch slip issues with big power another member on here called me and recommended cutting my own, light glue to the spur so they can’t spin, then rough it up just a little with coarse sandpaper. Rough the plates up too. Took the spring completely out, I put on m4 nut on and set my clutch (full tight then backed off 1/6 turn - one flat of the nuts). Then loctite on the remaining threads and run another m4 nut down and tighten them together. Prevents the clutch from coming out of adjustment or big power compressing the spring under load

Glad I could help, try to post a follow up when you solve the issue so if someone in the future has the same problem they can see the solution
ok that sounds good}} ill order roll this on ebay. ive got the glue
lets see how it all goes when we get dry day should be all good
its been long time since i used this car

Yeah that looks right, two planetaries (sun the big one) two spiders on a dog bone. Since there is no option for a locker anymore for these you can put some real thick fluid in there or pack it with putty/epoxy
I tested today and squealing sound ? it's not right
I've tried everything with this car
Very frustrating

Very frustrating

Attachments

• IMG20240223122834.jpg
    IMG20240223122834.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG20240223122803.jpg
    IMG20240223122803.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG20240223122807.jpg
    IMG20240223122807.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG20240223122817.jpg
    IMG20240223122817.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG20240223122829.jpg
    IMG20240223122829.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 1
Very frustrating

Ok let’s go back to isolating where it’s coming from. Take off axles, will tell us it’s motor/trans. Then take off pinion, will tell us motor or clutch/trans (or pinion/spur mesh)

Ok let’s go back to isolating where it’s coming from. Take off axles, will tell us it’s motor/trans. Then take off pinion, will tell us motor or clutch/trans (or pinion/spur mesh)
ill give this a go. ive ordered losi 84t spur gear and slipper pads to
see if that makes difference. read few reviews saying better setup than ecx

ill give this a go. ive ordered losi 84t spur gear and slipper pads to
see if that makes difference. read few reviews saying better setup than ecx

I had hot racing metal spurs from 87-81t. Any 48p spur with the same center diameter should work, the one in my picture is associated #9648 plastic 69 tooth. You could also swap to 32p if you swap the pinion too to something like this

https://a.co/d/0eygCsf

But 48p is really fine as long as you set the mesh correctly. I would only go through the effort of the swap if you need a gear ratio not available with your current setup

I had hot racing metal spurs from 87-81t. Any 48p spur with the same center diameter should work, the one in my picture is associated #9648 plastic 69 tooth. You could also swap to 32p if you swap the pinion too to something like this

https://a.co/d/0eygCsf

But 48p is really fine as long as you set the mesh correctly. I would only go through the effort of the swap if you need a gear ratio not available with your current setup
put losi spur in with new pads still hear slip and squealing sound. no matter what u try always hear squealing and no wheelie anymore. just spoke to local hobby shop and he saying losi slipper pads not designed for that amount of power. saying use sandpaper material. ill try the gasket roll u recommended on ecx metal spur see how it goes }}

Last edited:
Did you try it with the pinion off and then the axles off again? Are we absolutely sure it's coming from the clutch?

This is a great video on how I set up my slipper clutch and came up with that full tight back off 1/6 setting. Any less than that, I just spin the clutch. Full tight, it wants to backflip. We can use this method as a diagnostic tool. If you try to set it up this way and see the slipping and hear the noises, it absolutely must be before the transmission, because nothing inside it is spinning but the motor and clutch are

Latest posts

Members online

Back