Well gentlemen it has been a fun ride.

Just a small update. I emailed HH to see what was going on and this is what they had to say.

The development team keeps a very tight lip on any projects and or new items and brand changes. Unfortunately, we are not aware or able to discuss any future releases or items currently in the works. We have not been made aware of changes to the ECX brand, more so our website is still undergoing an upgrade so our systems are a bit wonky. We are hoping to have all system up and running asap. Many of the ship dates on our website are off by many years. Here is some more info on that:

Last week your trusted supplier, Horizon Hobby, began a significant transition to a more modern back-end product information system. This has been a large and complex undertaking and there have been some errors our customers may have noticed including pricing display, inventory status, product arrival dates, and delayed orders. Please rest assured that we are highly motivated and working overtime to rapidly correct this information and get your product in your hands. We appreciate your patience during this transition as we work to establish systems that will improve the customer experience for years to come.
With your support, by waiting for updates from us vs. contacting us multiple times, we can focus on getting solutions and fulfilling your order request.

For more information, please visit http://horizonhobby.cc/systemupgrade

Horizon Hobby

Just a small update. I emailed HH to see what was going on and this is what they had to say.

The development team keeps a very tight lip on any projects and or new items and brand changes. Unfortunately, we are not aware or able to discuss any future releases or items currently in the works. We have not been made aware of changes to the ECX brand, more so our website is still undergoing an upgrade so our systems are a bit wonky. We are hoping to have all system up and running asap. Many of the ship dates on our website are off by many years. Here is some more info on that:

Last week your trusted supplier, Horizon Hobby, began a significant transition to a more modern back-end product information system. This has been a large and complex undertaking and there have been some errors our customers may have noticed including pricing display, inventory status, product arrival dates, and delayed orders. Please rest assured that we are highly motivated and working overtime to rapidly correct this information and get your product in your hands. We appreciate your patience during this transition as we work to establish systems that will improve the customer experience for years to come.
With your support, by waiting for updates from us vs. contacting us multiple times, we can focus on getting solutions and fulfilling your order request.

For more information, please visit http://horizonhobby.cc/systemupgrade

Horizon Hobby
Hopefully this message from HH means they will retain ECX!!! I've been teaching kids 6 -- 18 yrs Engineering through building, driving, maintaining and repairing RC cars for decades = many many hundreds of students! I've used many brands over the years and found the ECX Amp , build to drive the best entry level kit to build and car to drive and maintain. HH drives me crazy with their lack of understanding and communication. For example they made the 'Build to Drive' kit only available in Hobby shops = NOT online. There are many people that do not have a local hobby shop -- mine is 2 hours away in N California!! So we have not been able to get the kit. Luckily Traxxas sells the Slash kit for $200 that has much superior electronics to the AMP and is just as durable. If HH & ECX would slightly upgrade the electronics and keep the price at $150 I'd be promoting the heck out of it as best entry level!

Stuff is still messed up, the Circuit shows as back in stock but when you click on it it says discontinued.............

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back