A Tale of Two Amps

I bought some RPM spares when I got these and I've never needed to use them. I think I have some knuckles in that bag but I'll need to find the bag. A few drops of CA should seal the deal if I don't have any spare knuckles.
Well if you end up needing to replace the carriers. Rpm makes them. They are way better then stock. I have these on mine after my shoulder screws ripped out

http://m.ebay.com/itm/RPM-R-C-Produ...kus-Torment-/131976079498?txnId=1337705583003

I never could find my CA I just bought 3 days ago. So I test fit the screws and when the shoulder bottomed out they snugged right up. So I put the knuckle in the Chub and put it together. So far so good.

Last edited:
I finally put the 20t motors in and used an 18 tooth pinion in each. Seems like they both died about the same time with overheated ESCs. They begged and begged to go fast and now they're not going at all. Lol. All the while my 5yo keeps plugging along with her cheap little FEIYUE and 40t 380 motor.

Oh well. I've got a couple of old pull off Tx/Rx from an HPI and Axial that I'll pair up with HobbyWing 1060 ESCs. This little ESC should prove useful and especially for $15 each off of the fleaBay.

I bid for two HW 1060 ESCs for $14 each and bought them tonight. The girls will be happy now with the new setups.

We finally got to put these HW 1060s through the wringer yesterday. I had suspected that the original Rx/ESC combo was getting too hot and causing the RCs to slow down or stop. But with the new ESCs they still did it. The stock motors weren't terribly hot but no more than a 2 second touch was all I could stand.

So I got my Circuit out with a Traxxas XL5 and Chinese tunable 21t and ran it on a 2200mAh lipo. It kept going and going. Shot the temp gun at it and some spots of the motor were 240*. Now I'm going to run a different motor in one Amp and see if it acts the same.

On a side note. The HW1060 and the ECX Circuit ESC are twins. Go figure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back