Amp motor options

I did the exact same thing. I got an Amp MT build kit for my son for Christmas and a couple of months later I decided after much research to get the Amp as well so we could share parts. I too wanted mine faster so I built it with a Kinexsis 4000kv brushless motor combo and got the spektrum 13003 receiver so I could use the stock radio. If anything, the 4000kv may be more motor than necessary. you have to upgrade the rear tires and I actually race mine with the throttle limited to about 60%. Full throttle lights up the rear tires or it grabs, pops a wheelie and flips. I changed the pinion to a 22 tooth to try and limit the torque, but I'm also fighting heat issues. I have already cooked the motor bearings once which stripped my spur gear, but the bearings are easily changeable. The next step is to get a motor cooling fan mounted which will probably be a challenge with limited space for mounting it. I have no idea what the top speed of the truck is, but it's easily 4 times as fast as the stock amp which is impressive, but not really necessary or practical on a loose dirt short course track. I would suggest something more around 3000kv which may not have as bad an overheating issue.

Members online

No members online now.
Back